• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Let's see your fuel tank set-ups.

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
Do you have bigger trucks? I use fuel tanks on my dump trucks. I seperate them one on road and one off road. I connected an air line to the tank and push air (small amounts) into the tank. I have a hose on the other end and fuel up my equipment. I also plumb an air outlet to run an impact or air up equipment.
I can't seem to downsize my pictures to put them on here. It really is simple to run air to a tank. Then with a valve (last truck I used a ball valve) you bolt it by the fuel tank to controll the amount of air you put into it. The tank has pipeing in them so no need to make your own. The 3/4 side I run a fuel hose and a nozzle to fuel up the equipment. It is not as fast as some pumps on the market but I have never had a problem in close to 30 years.

mitch504

Not a bad idea, but you'd end up fighting a big ticket in court here. The DOT boys here would just write it, and let you prove in court there was no way for the red fuel to get in the truck engine.

I'd be nervous having no regulator, or at least a relief valve on your air inlet. At a place I worked in the 80's we had a service truck set up with 2 tanks like this, big ones about 500 gallons each, and one day a regulator went bad, and stopped letting air into the tank. One of the brain-donors that masqueraded as operators there decided to take it off and hook the airline straight in. We learned that it makes a heck of a boom when a seam lets go, and that it's hard to explain why there was 200 gallons of diesel spread over an acre.:D

BTW, it was not me, I was the foreman who had to explain what my idiot did.

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
Mitch 504: I know what you are saying. We have the IRS or state sitting at our dump sites and they stop me all the time. I have had them climb under my truck to see. One guy would not and I had to go to court. I had a Highway patrol officer climb under there and verify, but who wants to take time out to do that! I did because it is how I set up my trucks. My cap is vented so air does come out from there, also I dont put in more air than fuel coming out, but I know all about having idiots that don't think. Hey maybe a new thread, haha!