• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

let me hear your ideas.

dayexco

we picked up 5 miles of 6" rural water line to install. i "know" how i want to do this, but i'd like to hear any of you guy's ideas/opinons. we have to pick up all the pipe at the water system's yard, haul, string, and install. they're very reluctant to allow us to take more than 3,000 feet at a time because of problems past with vandalism to the pipe. i'd like to have 3 guys doing nothing but hauling, stringing, shoving pipe together....the way they want to stage things, i don't think i can make that work. ideas?

td25c

I would meet with a land owner close to the job to store the pipe & product in a secure place that way you dont have to go far to reload.Most contractors in my area will haul the pipe on a small tandem bumper hitch trailer pulled by a pickup from the yard to the job,then they pull the trailer on the job with a small dozer unloading the pipe.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
van trailer, converter dolly and a farm tractor. Put the pipe in the trailer, converter dolly so you can pull it with the tractor, then close and lock the back at the end of the day. Other option, be your own security and run two 12's or three 8's.

Vandalizing pipe? what are they doing painting obscene things on it? ITS GOING TO BE BURRIED...

Throwing rocks at it? Your just going to burry it...

RKO

van trailer, converter dolly and a farm tractor. Put the pipe in the trailer, converter dolly so you can pull it with the tractor, then close and lock the back at the end of the day. Other option, be your own security and run two 12's or three 8's.

Vandalizing pipe? what are they doing painting obscene things on it? ITS GOING TO BE BURRIED...

Throwing rocks at it? Your just going to burry it...

Shoot holes in it with a gun. Had that happen on a job a few years ago, by Kansas City. what a mess. They used a 22 and 38. Wish they used the 38 only as the 22 holes were hard to find sometimes.

I have a semi trailer that I fill with pipe. Haul it to an area close to the job site then transfer the pipe to a pipe trailer by forks on the loader. I pull the trailer with a John Deere utility tractor so it is easy to see and get off to help.