• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lehigh Valley Equipment Tour

9420pullpan

Myself and Hoeman600 went for a drive up in the Lehigh Valley and found some iron....

Attachments

• P1040126.jpg
    P1040126.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,578
  • P1040127.jpg
    P1040127.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,565
  • P1040128.jpg
    P1040128.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,566
  • P1040129.jpg
    P1040129.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,565
  • P1040130.jpg
    P1040130.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,579

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Nice pics Pullpan,:notworthy

Seems that Macungie job is coming along nicely, get any of the new D8T up there? :usa

Brubacher has a job opposite 22 of the LVI airport too. 6 A40's and a 385, somewhere....:beatsme

jimmyjack

you guys need to ride by the airport there was a really big project going on off of rt22 , they have to be still doing it they had just start it in feb.

here a couple i got while i was working out there

Attachments

• new jersey 051.jpg
    new jersey 051.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,480
  • new jersey 047.jpg
    new jersey 047.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,485
  • new jersey 050.jpg
    new jersey 050.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,474
  • new jersey 053.jpg
    new jersey 053.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,461
  • new jersey 098.jpg
    new jersey 098.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,456

jimmyjack

thats funny jimbruce thats the job i'm talking about, u must have made that post while i was loading the pics up

heres the last one i have i was trying the take a picture of the porta john but all the trucks were in the way:bouncegri

found one last one of the water truck

Attachments

• new jersey 099.jpg
    new jersey 099.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,456
  • new jersey 097.jpg
    new jersey 097.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,469

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
thats funny jimbruce thats the job i'm talking about, u must have made that post while i was loading the pics up

heres the last one i have i was trying the take a picture of the porta john but all the trucks were in the way:bouncegri

found one last one of the water truck

HAHA yeah it is, I however wasn't so lucky to get a shot of the big boy... were they assembling or tearing down the 385 when you took that photo?

Attachments

• bruvolvoa40slm5.jpg
    bruvolvoa40slm5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,465
  • brucat345clpg6.jpg
    brucat345clpg6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,461

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Boom off

HAHA yeah it is, I however wasn't so lucky to get a shot of the big boy... were they assembling or tearing down the 385 when you took that photo?

they were putting it together that was in mid january

That is'nt standard practice to take the boom off to move a 385 is it. :eek: Did it have to come a very long way ? or were there other obstructions / weight limits to warrant it ?

Great pics :thumbsup

I am suprised how small that old D9 looks against the High Drive D8's, I would have guessed they were 9's also :beatsme

Last edited:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
That is'nt standard practice to take the boom off to move a 385 is it. :eek: Did it have to come a very long way ? or were there other obstructions / weight limits to warrant it ?

Rob,

Around here it is, different states have different weight and width and height restrictions. The company I work for used to own a 385bLME and every time it was moved, the counterweight, bucket, stick and boom were removed and the fuel tank had to be almost empty so it was legal on a 2x2x2 trailer. When Cat delivers them, sometimes the boom is left on and the track frames are removed.

And that is a big reason we don't own one anymore, production didn't outweigh cost of moving. Maybe some day we'll get one again:beatsme:notworthy

dirt digger

Occupation
pushing dirt, baling hay, and hitting the books
should have kept going towards state college...they are starting a huge pipeline from state college to harrisburg....apparently the pipe crew leased out the Fort Bellefonte campground and have over $4mill worth of equipment setting up there digging from SC to Harr.

rino1494

should have kept going towards state college...they are starting a huge pipeline from state college to harrisburg....apparently the pipe crew leased out the Fort Bellefonte campground and have over $4mill worth of equipment setting up there digging from SC to Harr.

Is Henkels & Destroy doing that ??

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
size does matter

Rob,

Around here it is, different states have different weight and width and height restrictions. The company I work for used to own a 385bLME and every time it was moved, the counterweight, bucket, stick and boom were removed and the fuel tank had to be almost empty so it was legal on a 2x2x2 trailer. When Cat delivers them, sometimes the boom is left on and the track frames are removed.

And that is a big reason we don't own one anymore, production didn't outweigh cost of moving. Maybe some day we'll get one again:beatsme:notworthy

Wow! :mad: That has to be a very good reason for not owning one :D
As you say different states different rules :Banghead
In the UK I am sure it would class as an indivisibale load. The bucket would come off and probably the dipper, that would be for height rather than weight reasons.
I expect it would probably get belly loaded on a beam trailer for the same reasons. :thumbsup