• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

left/right pedals

Leon Phelps

1971 580ck

after last winter my left/right pedals are real tough to use. they stick sometimes too.

I have greased the top fittings, all 5 of them. Same result. Anything else it could be?

mikey1

Occupation
local truck driver
something underneath catching or sticking possibly?

case 580sm

Occupation
full time backhoe operator
They could be seized, you might have to take them apart. Are they getting grease properly when you pump on the grease gun? What's the condition of the grease nipples? It's common for them to seize, had a 86 580e and it did the same thing. Take it apart and lube it all up with permatec antifreeze, but before you might want to take a wire brusch grinding wheel, or grinder to get off all the grime, and rust on the bolts, it does help when you grind them off because they screw back in better, so I recommend you do it.

Best of luck let me know who she goes,

case 580sm

Leon Phelps

grease comes out in between all of the metal pipes so looks like lack of lube is not the problem. guess I start taking it apart.

JDOFMEMI

My 580K did trhe same thing. Took it apart, cleaned the old dried up grease out, and lubed it with some lightweight oil. I forget what it was now, but maybe like a 3-in-1 oil or similar. Put it back together and it was like new again.

I was amazed the dried up old grease caused all the headache of the stiff controls. I was sure there was something binding, but there was not.

Leon Phelps

disconnected the linkage. left pedal free. right pedal hard to move. sprayed wd-40 in the two points I could see (outside and the center of the bar). no real difference after. Any idea how I will get this out? I dont see how this will come apart.

Leon Phelps

nut under the dirt pile. blew it off with a torch..wiggled it then put some grease, good as new.