• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

leaking hydraulic through safety valve

larry guess

Here is the relief valve out of machine. I cant find any markings on it at all .Surely Case dealership can locate right part for me?? I know this is a stupid question ,but thats why I am asking folks smarter than I ---Is this the complete relief valve? Diagram shows more underneath this part, thats the reason I asked in earlier posts about the numbered pieces that make up the assembly. All I know for certain is this part was spraying fluid and that it is attached to the control valve that moves main boom up and down. Thanks!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 21

larry guess

Took the relief valve out and wasnt able to find anything stamped on the valve itself. Called the local dealership{no longer sale Case equipment}referred to Nashville Tn. dealership. They say part not available. Part number doesnt show at Case online parts lookup. salesman is searching for more info. I did find person online at hagan tractor who says preset pressure is at 3200 ,and he can supply. Does pressure setting sound right?? Nashville dealership has no clue and are as lost as I about whether pressure can be set in machine or not.

melben

Occupation
Retired 50 Yrs with Case dealership
Unusual that it is not marked, can you get the cartridge disassembled without turning the adjusting nut and screw on top, if so the o ring you need to replace could be changed without disturbing the valve setting. put the valve in a vise upside down so you can see the interior parts, see if you can find a straight punch to slide through the holes and try to turn it out, maybe you can send a close up picture so I can see if it is built like I think, if so that bottom piece screws up into the body and removing it will get you to the ring that needs replaced

larry guess

I found a pic online that looked identical .After calling 4 different dealerships ,I found a lady that took my pin number for my machine. She says, the boom valve section, which is the one I need is --G109449 relief valve .It looks like mine. She says it comes not pre-set. It has instructions for setting up on the machine, according to her. She says this particular valve has the higher pressure setting of 3200. I spoke to another dealer who sells same part and says it comes pre-set. So, at this point, I dont know who is right. I dont mind buying one, just unsure about pressure settings!----Bach to the original part that I took off. Too LATE!! I already unscrewed the nut on top to see what was in there, It was a little rusty,so I think both parts came out as one. I didnt separate the nut from the threaded piece. The bottom side is flat with a 3/16 dia. hole on a taper. About 1/8 in. down from there it flattens off to about 1/8 dia.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
How many do you want? I have a few of them.....
These are all cracked sections that have perfectly good secondary reliefs attached to them
The 5th - 7th from the front are BH Boom sections

I knew they would be worth something to someone one day :rolleyes:

I've added quite a few more to this pile since this picture was taken - just couldn't throw them out.....

valves 002 (Small).jpg

larry guess

Tell me what you gotta have each for them. I found a new one for the boom section today at a good price,so I went ahead and ordered it. I would like to have some spares ,just in case!! Also, thanks to all who helped me out . Great Forum!!

larry guess

Any of you guys out there know if part number G109449 and G109447 are interchangeable?? Ordered G109449 and got G109447 relief valve for 97 Case 580L . I intended to set valve same as one that came out of machine, but now I dont know if it will work properly with different numbered valve. Thanks in advance ,any help appreciated!!

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
G109447 is from the swing section - according to the service manual rated at 184 - 196 Bar (2650 - 2850psi)
G109449 is rated at 215 - 227 Bar (3120-3300psi)
No way of knowing if the springs in these are the same & whether you could adjust it to the higher pressure to allow it to work correctly.
Certainly wont hurt the machine - if installed as it is - as it is rated at lower pressure.
It will make the boom a little weaker - as in lifting the machine off the ground. - 500 psi difference is quite alot re hydraulic performance.

larry guess

I was afraid of that! Salesperson had wrong valve in 109449 packaging. Guess I"ll keep it in case needed later on and try to find right valve. Thanks, for all the help