• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lazy/Floppy Ram

purnong

Howdy guys
On my mini Komatsu PC07-2 I occasionally get a floppy ram on the bucket circuit
It will work fine for a while and then for some reason will behave like it's out of oil and just flops around, If I crowd or extend it will come good usually
There are no leaks on the ram but I'm thinking about changing the seals on all the rams anyway and I'm wondering if this will fix it
The oil tank is showing full when everything on the boom is extended and the rams are closed up but I'm not sure if that's the correct way to check the oil on this thing
I can't seem to find the correct procedure for checking the hydraulic oil for this particular machine
Any advice appreciated

Oxbow

I cannot advise on how to cure your symptoms, but it sure sounds like you have air in the system to me.

purnong

but it sure sounds like you have air in the system to me.

Thanks Oxbow, I think I've worked it out
This is an old well used machine and there is a fair bit of play in the pins, I had a play around with it today and in one particular spot all the play seems to line up and the bucket is flopping around on the pins
Other than that it is a good machine that will just be used for farm work so I'll either get used to it or fix it down the line sometime