• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Latest big Cat finished

brianrh400e

Cheers mate!! She is a beauty and a beast!! Just wanted to clarify if there were any diffferences between this one and the Moatize unit.Only thing I noticed is that the ladder cage has been lengthened and the catwalk and rail has been omitted from the front of cab like the Ravensworth unit.So how is the windscreen cleaned if there is no access in front of it? Will you be working on the assembly of the second shovel and subsequent units also?:drinkup

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Great pics Zed. My front shovel knowledge isn't the best, but in the last photo it kind of looks like the last truck got a little closer than optimum.

rare ss

No mate, no one here by that name.
The PC2000 in the background failed the boom cylinder, the bottom pin was seized the poor blokes were air arcing the pin out for 2 days, no thermal lances on site...

are they banned or didnt have access to one??

we used to drill out old oxy tips and use a second oxy set to fire them up, gets you outta the poo without spending a load on the proper setup

alco

Great pics Zed. My front shovel knowledge isn't the best, but in the last photo it kind of looks like the last truck got a little closer than optimum.

Yeah Jim, he's a bit close. But I think the angle of the picture kind of exaggerates it.

I'm jealous, I sure wish we could get a new one.

brianrh400e

Yes mate this is the first one for AKT, the next one is on the river right now and should be at the port within a day or 2. I did hear some news that the river is too high so maybe there will be a delay there. Not sure when #017 will arrive it is still in the U.S. So 2nd half of the year maybe for #017 and # 018.
And yes I am based in Indo for this job, a little birdy also told me there may be a 6090 electric coming our way soon, at a different mine.:drinkup

Hi Zed
Can you confirm that this first shovel is #14 with #15 in transit? Are units 16 and 17 the first ones to be built in the US or was 15 also built there?

Thanks

Zed

yes mate this one is #014, the next one is #015, the first to be built at Milwaukee. Correction for the next ones, they are #017 and #019.

brianrh400e

yes mate this one is #014, the next one is #015, the first to be built at Milwaukee. Correction for the next ones, they are #017 and #019.

So then #16 would be an electric drive? What about #18-where are these units destined for? So AKT have will have four units delivered this year/early 2014 alone? Could you message me via email? CheersRH 400E.jpg400 013b.jpg400 013a.jpg

Attachments

• 400 013.jpg
    400 013.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,652
Last edited:

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
it appears that terex and that cat are the same machine just different colors?......theironoracle

Zed

The local AKT operators are getting trained up on it as we speak. Some of them are doing a great job and getting great bucket fill. Even the learners are 3 pass loading with ease.

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
Awesome pictures Zed and brianrh400e! I don't have much knowledge about operating these machines but I really admire them.

Zed

Yes, they are officially for sale and on the market. Plans are being made for disassembly and transport off site.

miningman

Occupation
student
Find new owners for a ten 6090FS will not be easy task !
How many have actually been put together at AKT over the 11 units ordered ?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Find new owners for a ten 6090FS will not be easy task !
How many have actually been put together at AKT over the 11 units ordered ?
Despite where they are located I would imagine that there will be plenty of potential buyers for machines most of which have never been in the dirt yet. I suspect that they don't even belong to AKT but are leased in which case ownership will still be with Trakindo or maybe even Cat Leasing.

Last edited: