• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Large Hyster winch Questions

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
My son has recently bought a 15A D8,and now is looking at a Hyster winch [P.S.]
This winch is proported to be off a D8H .
It has with it the oil pump but as the older 15A has a clutch before its torque converter,I ussume it would have to run direct off engine ,
The 15A has a drive ment for PCU side drive and thus could be run off that.
My question is
What revs should the pump run at IE would engine revs be OK ????
I have some numbers off winch and pump which mean nothing to me but are hopeing someone out there may be able to make sense of them ,or perhaps put me in contact with someone who would know .
The Winch
Model W12D
Another No ?? A140P1588U
Tag bit hard to read
Pump
Random Numbers 125408 R A A
4H27ST
Has approx 7/8 [21mm] shaft
1 1/2 inch [40mm Inlet
3/4 [19mm] Delivery
Hopeing some of this at least means something to someone
Kind regards
PS I live in New Zealand

Motat

Occupation
Contracting /Building
PS
Have discovered that bolt holes do not aline winch to 15A
Winch has substantial adaption section and seems top holes line up but bottom ones are lower than the bottom of rear of 15A .
Perhaps 8H has a deeper rear housing ???????
Anyone know ????
Regards

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.
The best way to check this.Call your local CAT Dealer.I know the ones here have people that can check this out for you and a good dealer will help you.Some winches were made for standard shift and some for power shift.I know one man put a power shift winch on a standard shift dozer had to kill the engine to engage the winch.So I would call the CAT dealer.

furpo

Have a look on the Allied Systems web site. You should be able to get the parts and workshop manuals off there. The hyster parts manuals I have downloaded for the smaller winches give all the part numbers for the alternate mounting options. It should also show if there was a reduction drive off the engine for your tractor.

Bob Gebhart

Occupation
work part time doing service calls on Hyster winch
Did you get the infromation that you needed for the 15A

It is not recommed to put a direct drive winch on a power shift tractor. To be able to shift the winch, you have to stall the tranmissioms to shift the winch. If you have a heavy load on, you may not be able to shift the winch back to neutral.

You can put a power shift winch on a DD tractor if it does not have a reverseing PTO. Problem, when shifting the tractor the winch pto will stops, can be done but not recommened.