• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Large CTL VS. mini dozer

Digdeep

If I remember correctly, the TL140 only "actually" pulled about 6800lbs even though it was heavier than the SR80 which I think actually 7400-7600lbs. The rear weight distribution of the Takeuchi machines is far far worse than most of the other machines. If you ever get a chance to see the video that ASV made you will see exactly what I mean. i used to tell potential customers to try driving both the T250/T300 up a hill and then do the same thing with the TL150 and the TL150 would always fall back on its butt well before the Bobcat because I'm willing to bet that almost 75-80% of its weight in in the rear of the machine. Order the video from ASV and you'll see what I'm saying. By the way I think that Takeuchi makes a better machine than Bobcat even though I sold them. I just think you have some facts mixed up.

Digdeep

The TL150 is 10,900lbs with no bucket. The bradco 8ft dozer blade weighs 2,000lbs that is 13,000lbs total weight. It has drawbar pull of 13,770lbs the TL140 has 10,900lbs which is more than the D3 and any other CTL including ASV. I am not saying replace your dozer with a TL150 but it does make a versatile option. The machine has a better weight distrubition for digging and pushing. Not for lifting that is why the Tipping load is less on the Takeuchi then most other CTL in the same class. They have a more even disbursement. Not as much weight on the back thus the lower tipping load.

Tell me how a machine can pull more than it weighs if it hase no steel grousers to penetrate the ground for pulling power? The rubber tracks on the current rigid mounted machines are designed with the C-lug to give them a smooth ride as the primary purpose, not to maximize traction. Takeuchi has/had an agressive lug pattern but the ride would beat you to death.

Legdoc

I appreciate everyones advice and comments. It is obvious a CTL has the engine in back which offers a counter weight when the machine has a work load. Therefore, even with a heavy dozer blade on it cutting pressure will be minimal compared to a dozer. For my needs I still think a Komatsu D21 may be the ticket. I plan to take a good look at one that another member has. If it works out I will try to find a good used machine.

Ohio Takeuchi

If I remember correctly, the TL140 only "actually" pulled about 6800lbs even though it was heavier than the SR80 which I think actually 7400-7600lbs. The rear weight distribution of the Takeuchi machines is far far worse than most of the other machines. If you ever get a chance to see the video that ASV made you will see exactly what I mean. i used to tell potential customers to try driving both the T250/T300 up a hill and then do the same thing with the TL150 and the TL150 would always fall back on its butt well before the Bobcat because I'm willing to bet that almost 75-80% of its weight in in the rear of the machine. Order the video from ASV and you'll see what I'm saying. By the way I think that Takeuchi makes a better machine than Bobcat even though I sold them. I just think you have some facts mixed up.

I agree as well. I have had Takeuchi's for over 8 years before every manufacture had CTL's. http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL140.html and http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL150.html. If most of the weight on the takeuchi was on the back of the machine it would have a greater tipping load.

Digdeep

I agree as well. I have had Takeuchi's for over 8 years before every manufacture had CTL's. http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL140.html and http://www.takeuchi-us.com/TL150.html. If most of the weight on the takeuchi was on the back of the machine it would have a greater tipping load.

I'm telling you most of the weight IS on the back of the machine! Part of the reason for the average tipping load is due to the loader geometry(designed for good breakout-look at the length of the booms compared to the others-lift a 45lb plate up to your chin with your arms close to your chest and then lift the same plate up to chin with your arms extended-the weight is the same but it's harder with your arms extended) not the weight distribution. By the way I appreciate the exchange of information between us and your patience. I am not trying to bash you.

Ohio Takeuchi

I'm telling you most of the weight IS on the back of the machine! Part of the reason for the average tipping load is due to the loader geometry(designed for good breakout-look at the length of the booms compared to the others-lift a 45lb plate up to your chin with your arms close to your chest and then lift the same plate up to chin with your arms extended-the weight is the same but it's harder with your arms extended) not the weight distribution. By the way I appreciate the exchange of information between us and your patience. I am not trying to bash you.

Same here I like to exchange ideas and info. Thanks

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums MikeS! :drinkup