• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Laptop lost wireless internet

Farmermitch

Occupation
Farmer
Check for a switch on the side of the machine that turns wireless capability on and off. It may have inadvertently gotten switched off.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sounds Tango-Uniform to me. The cheapest way to be back in business is probably a USB wireless adapter.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. I've been reading some posts at HP forum and it seems it may be a possibility that motherboard is at fault. Would a wireless USB adapter pretty much be plug and play?

kanewolf

Since you still are using XP, you would probably have to run the included CD to load the drivers prior to plugging it in. Otherwise, straight forward. Usually, picking the same brand USB adapter as the wireless router, minimizes the hassle factor. Unfortunately, looking at the web, there are no Frys locations near you.... Milton GA would be the closest Frys.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I will send you one for free if you PM your address to me.Ron G

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I got your PM and should get it out today for you.Ron G

Vantage_TeS

Occupation
HE Operator. Surprise?
Atco PM me your phone number, time zone and best time to call you. I'll get it working for you. There may be a DDnB youtube video poking fun of it after...you have been warned...

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Atco PM me your phone number, time zone and best time to call you. I'll get it working for you. There may be a DDnB youtube video poking fun of it after...you have been warned...

LMAO! That almost sounds entertaining enough. :lmao

NHJCB

I agree with Hvy 1ton, there should be a wireless device listed, the wireless card is usually under a door on the bottom of the laptop or under the keyboard. it sounds like it needs to be replaced.

Geraldo

I would have to say it is your drivers maybe its very comment for a virus to attack drivers and delete them might want to try and run spybot search and destroy, norton, mcafee if something to be sure and reload drivers from the company web page they should have a section for just your computer drivers. If that does not do the trick then you may want to do a restore to a earlier date and if that does not do it then its the card needs to be replaced. Hoping this helps you out a little I have worked in the army as a 25B for many years ran across a lot of reasons why stuff did not work after a reboot.

dirtdigger69

I realize this is an old thread but wanted to mention to some , that the first thing to do is download avast anti virus free home addition , scan your computer and make sure you didnt catch a virus then if all clear go to your manufactures website and download the driver for your wireless card . And if that fails then check the wireless card itself take it out and re-seat it .