• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

land clearing techniques

fiat41b

No they thru out the contract and decided to try it theirselves i heard the engineers estimate was only $150,000.00 and the bid was 500,000.00 and another was 900,000.00 thats your dumb ass engineers for you always think they know more them school boys they dont have a clue you dont get your feet wet in the office behind the desk.

Dr. Ernie

Chain saws......what a dumb idea, and 3' stumps.....:Banghead

seriously, I have cleared alot of land in a very timly fasion, unfortionaly I do not think I have a single picture.:eek::(

BTW, the worst job I have ever done was 50 acres of pine trees

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
big price changes from state to state in southern iowa that job would have been done for around 50000.00.it would have been more work in iowa, due to heavy clay soils the rootballs would have lots of clay with them causing lots of big holes to fill.if i really want to make some money i need to move!

KY Jim

Occupation
Heavy Equipment hauler, Dozer operator
I think my Boss gets 1000-1200 per acre, but all we do is cut it down, shove it to the bottom , and burn it. Of course, we have to yo-yo most of our stuff, as we live in the Hills. The BIG Iron comes right behind us, and Big Iron don't CARE about stumps. A D-11 thinks a stump is just some sort of Impurity in the ground.
KY Jim

Bajak

Occupation
Independent Owner/Operator with too much insurance
Wow. I can't believe I read this entire thread. Educational and entertaining at the same time. Without the time constraints it may well have been in the $150 000 range. It really sucks when so much time is put into planning and bidding a project and then the vendors turn around and cancel.
fiat41b, Where's some pics before you sell the dozer