• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Labor Day Tribute **video+photos**

EarthRockHill

Occupation
Industrial Photographer
While most of you might not see this post until later in this evening, lets all remember why it is that we have this National Holiday in the United States of America.

Labor Day honors the social and economic contributions that the American worker has made to the growth health and prosperity of the country.

Matthew Maguire of Local 344 of the International Association of Machinists in Paterson, N.J., proposed the holiday in 1882 while serving as secretary of the Central Labor Union in New York, and the first Labor Day rally was held that year.

The workforce of America is 154 million strong and ANYTHING you do, consume, use, drive, build with, or build upon would not be possible without celebrating the workforce of our fellow Americans.

So while you sit and read this at your computer, take a look around your room, office, kitchen, workshop and notice that everything you touch, see, hold, use, sit upon and cherish are because of the Labor Day workforce we are celebrating.

I have compiled a collection of my videos and put them together in a special channel on Vimeo in celebration of Labor Day.

LABOR DAY TRIBUTE ~ VIDEO COLLECTION

Please see my website SETTEDUCATI.com for a special gallery LABOR DAY under CURRENT PROJECTS honoring the American Workforce through my images.