• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L70F turbo timer

rollerman

Occupation
mechanic
How do I program the computer in my Volvo L70F to give me some time for the turbo at shut down ? I notice "turbo timer" appears in the screen occasionally

Ben Witter

I assume the message you are seeing is " Hot Turbo Shutdown". If so that means the engine was shutdown without allowing it to idle for 2 min.(the default time) to allow the turbo to cool down. Every time this happens it will show the message upon startup and will log the event in the ECU. There is an icon that will pop up along the bottom of the display after the 2 min. that will signal it is safe to shut down the engine.

If you are talking about auto shutdown (an option), that is usually set at 5 min and can be changed by a dealer tech with a laptop. You will still have to key off after the engine has shut down though.