• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

L120C reverse not working

xcavate

I borrowed a loader from a friend today to move some snow. Its an older L120C. Anyway The reverse went out after driving it home. I did use reverse once or twice prior to driving it home and it worked.

There sounds like a shaft is spining but the wheels aren't moving. Kinda like the tranny isn't engaged right.

Any thoughts on what it could be?

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
First things first! are you sure it is going into gear? It could be the Forward/Reverse leveler! This would be the most common and by far the cheapest! There is also a F/R rocker switch beside the 3 levers is it going into reverse with this?

xcavate

I dont think I have the toggle switch next to the controls. There is a slight rattle like the tranny is only half engaged. It just stopped going into reverse. No big blowout or anything like that.

All gears forward still work no problem. I just hope its not expensive since my buddy was doing my a favor and letting me borrow the machine.

xcavate

Turns out it was the shifter on the column. I found the switch on the side. The picture was worn off so I didnt know what the switch was for.

The switch in the column is like $500 which seems like alot.

karlbradshaw

Hi, is a gear shift stick the most common problem when the loader won't move? I've got an L70 which hesitates to move in gear. It's electronic because you can hear a relay/switch clicking when she does decide to move.

All the best, Karl from the UK