• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KY State Highway Auction report

laketreefarm

Occupation
Owner
Went to KY DOT annual equipment auction and the prices were higher than I'd seen in years. 1998 Komatsu WA-180 wheel loaders with 4100 hrs. for $21K twice what they fetched 2 years ago. 6 Samsung wheel loaders same year went for $23K and up. 1999 IH tandem dumps, 44,000 miles for $22K. 7 more like it were $16 K and higher. Two years ago they were $5-6K. 2001 Dodge 3500 Service trucks went for $9500-11,000. 1996 Cat Road Graders for $35-40K. The bargains of the day were a 2002 Landoll 40' Rollback for $21K now thats a $50K+ unit and a a 97 Daewoo wheel excavator sold for $23K a $45K digger as it had a grapple and a tilt/ditch buckets too! Across the board prices were close to retail for 10+ year old equipment that had been rode hard and put up dirty. (Salt) came home with a Pole trailer for $1000 and happy that I was richer with all that high priced older equipment sitting in my yard. :) Yeah sitting gathering rust while the economy sinks....:mad: