• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KX91-3 pressure relief valve

M_Sweeney

I recently bought a kubota kx91-3. It is plumbed out to the stick for attachments. I bought an aftermarket thumb but do not know if I need a pressure relief valve or not. I called my local dealer and he didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day & welcome to HEF
I suggest the port-pressure-shock relief and refill valve would be required if cylinder arm damage is to be avoided, if you need help come back with the questions.
Kind regards
Uffex

Tags

You probably at the very least need a relief valve placed in the “close” circuit side of the auxiliaries for the thumb. I have a Kubota KX71-3 and I bought the relief valve from Kubota, not cheap, right around $400.00. You need to have it so the cylinder for the thumb will go into relief if you overpower it with the bucket, otherwise you’ll end up with a banana for the thumb cylinder.