• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KX57-4 Bucket & linkage tolerances, Specs for bucket coupler

ken hansen

I recently bought a KX57-4 with 3500 hours and going through maintenance and fluid changes, getting ready for Spring and thaw. This is my first mini and I am curious what is common/normal on bucket to coupler slack? I tried to find specs on the mount point sizes to measure wear. I have three buckets and they all have differing amounts of wiggle. I noticed chrome like liners on the dipper mount and on the bucket mount surfaces. Likewise the is a lot of wiggle on the thumb when lifting up, which appears to be a combo of the thump pin and mount. I am still learning where to find resources and really appreciate this site. I would like to find the blue print specs or drawings that I can convert to dx files so I can have have a shop cut out some weld on bucket adapters for a skid steer quick adapter / coupler SSQA. Anyway, appreciate any advice on this. I am thinking there must be some loose tolerance for the digging end, just cannot find any technical reference, including in the kubota workshop manual. Again, thank you, Ken
Palmer AK.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ken
Common Kubota specs quote minus 1mm on the pins and + 1mm on the anchor points. Cannot be sure about the coupler there are many flavours hanging on the end of the dipper sticks.
Kind regards
Uffex

Tags

Do you have the standard Kubota quick coupler? The ears of the bucket accept the bushings on the coupler and a pin goes through the back of the bucket and coupler to hold the bucket on? Some pics would be good. If it is that setup it tends to get loose over time and can be snugged up pay placing some weld inside the bucket ears and on the coupler bushings. It would be much easier if you bought a set of bucket ears on line, then you could match up the new ears to the old and see what’s worn. You would also be able to trace the new ears so they could be duplicated.

A quick search came up with this.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...s=eto:9120663125078137981_0,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

ken hansen

Thank you UFFEX and Tags. Thank you for the 1mm information. I will uploads pics. I had roughly .060 spacing all around the center pin, but will send pics.
Tags: I live in Alaska, and the shipping has become obscene. I did find that exact link and almost pulled the trigger except for shipping. I went to a local large Steel shop in Anchorage and they can make this piece if I provide a DX, and I got the price of mild, T1 and AR plate ($135, $264 and $279 / lb).
So, I was thinking of making locally and maybe provide this for AK Brothers. The SSQA are very rare or unheard of here. I'll tell folks locally and they look cross eyed. New stuff. Anyway, I will follow up and I greatly appreciate your reply. Ken