• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota U55-4 Damaged Engine Cover Looking for Parts

Allan M

Occupation
Semi-retired: Strategic planner/author
Groan. While back grading on one of the mountain roads I've been cutting I felt a couple of bumps. Yes, bent the heck out of the engine cover panel. As you can see in the first pic I had to cut down about 10' on the hillside given the extreme slope to keep on virgin ground. This has left a lot of big tree roots exposed high up on the bank...which contributed to the damage when I came in close for grading. I don't think this is something a body shop would straighten and paint. Any thoughts on where I might locate a good used or, if necessary, new body panel.

The good news is that no engine components were damaged underneath the body panel.

Thanks for suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
New comes from Kubota, used from a junkyard such as Vanderhaags. Or just do what 8 out of 10 contractors would do; huff about it for a day, yell at the guy who did it, complain to the wife about careless employees, and leave it. As long as it opens and closes and stays shut . . .

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
FWIW the same side cover for my 305E2 is $1400.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
$1374.97 + theftation so closer to $1500 OTD. That's crazy the C model cost another $500 bucks.
When did you price yours? I have noticed that Cat parts prices have in some cases doubled in the last two years. The radiator on that 305C was between 5 and 6 hundred in 2020, it is $1100 now.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
When did you price yours? I have noticed that Cat parts prices have in some cases doubled in the last two years. The radiator on that 305C was between 5 and 6 hundred in 2020, it is $1100 now.

A couple of minutes ago.

305E RH cover.jpg