• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota... The choice is made...but

bighorn06

Ok so I have decided on the Kubota SVL 90-2, thank you for all the input.

Definitely going to get a high flow to run a mulching head, and a Demo door.

The question is "Is the forestry kit, worth the price?"

It is an extra $3000 to add the forestry kit. It seems like a good idea to add some steel to protect the vital areas from damage but I want to get some thoughts of the experienced folks.

Thanks

Digdeep

Make sure you have a way to prevent debris from getting in the loader towers. I have talked to three different owners that run mulching heads and all three have either broken or bent lift cylinders due to the minimal clearance between the tower and the cylinder when it comes down.

There are no real clean out holes at the bottom and debris also enters straight into the engine compartment from the towers and collects near the hot DPF.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
The forestry kit is well worth the 3 k if you plan on mulching with your new machine....a real good daily clean out is super important, bent cylinders, fires etc are very common when used as a mulcher....beleive me,
I have first hand knowledge and burn scars to prove it...make sure you clean everything daily , most importantly under the engine and keep all filter clean.....I have mulched with CAT equipment many years but never a Kubota. Intetested on how it works. We use 299XHP , full forestry kit, steel tracks. If you can, replace stock rollers to triple flange front and rear if you run rubber tracks and the terrain is harsh in your part of the world. I can go on forever here but instead I'll wish you good luck and move on....get the kit...your will regret it quickly if you DO NOT !

Last edited:

Tags

There are no real clean out holes at the bottom and debris also enters straight into the engine compartment from the towers and collects near the hot DPF.

There are holes in the bottom of the towers for the boom lift cylinders but Kubota has plates bolted over them from the factory. I removed mine and put them on the shelf, I don't do any mulching but can see how a lot of debris could get in there. Good luck with your purchase

bighorn06

Thank you for the input, i will get the forestry kit. And remove those covers on the bottom of the towers.

Bobcat has some sleeves that cover the towers, I wonder if anyone makes something like that for other loaders?

Last edited:

Digdeep

There are holes in the bottom of the towers for the boom lift cylinders but Kubota has plates bolted over them from the factory. I removed mine and put them on the shelf, I don't do any mulching but can see how a lot of debris could get in there. Good luck with your purchase

While small, those holes at the bottom are ok for washing out dirt once the covers are removed. However, they are too small for washing out brush and twigs.