• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL90-2 skid steer AC compressor clutch doesn't engage

Todd Holland

I'm new here I hope this is the correct way to ask. I have a 2013 Kubota SVL90-2 skid steer that the AC compressor clutch doesn't engage when the AC is turned on. Are they a way to bypass the clutch wiring to engage the clutch to recharge / Check the freon in the system?

MFIHCAT

Always a way to bypass. But first make sure condenser fan is not packed with debris which caused fuse to blow. The evaporators on these machines plugged up fast, causing poor AC performance. The AC clutch will not engage if engine is not running.

Arny L

Definitely, check for debris, also check fuses. If that looks ok, find the AC relay, and jump 30 to 87, engine running, if your compressor engages, you'll know the wiring is good from relay to compressor. See if your air runs cold, it should if your charge is good, if it doesn't, then its empty and you have a leak. If it does run cold, but wont engage with controls, then you have a wiring issue from control switch to relay. Either no ground at relay, or no power with control switch on. This is a generalized version of a typical AC system

Arny L

Thats true, hookedon diesel, to prevent a vacum being drawn on system. However, the idea is not to run ac system permanently by passed, this is a momentary test. Alternately, you could jump relay pins, engine not running, and you will still hear audible click from compressor clutch. The engine running test, confirms wiring integrity and charge in one test.