• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL90-2 error code E9203

Tact

I posted this same thread in the Skid Steer section and thought this might be a better place after posting it.

Got in today to start my track machine and the error code, E9203, came up. The manual only says air intake throttle. Machine seems to run fine but can't figure out what would be causing the code. Took the outer air filter out and blew it out. It was pretty dirty but didn't make any difference. I ran it without the filter in and the code remained. I did see a wire running to a connector on top of the engine which was missing the sheathing, but the wire was intact, not broken. Probably a mouse. Not really sure what else to look for, except to take it to a dealer.....ugh!

If the plastic sheathing on a wire is eaten through, but the wire strands looks intact, maybe a couple of strands are broken, would that possibly be enough to throw a code to a sensor?

heymccall

This gizmo is basically an electric choke operated by the ECM. Your fault code (thanks, Kubota) doesn't indicate whether it's a short, open, out of range, or failure to move.

Screenshot_20221026-095328_Chrome.jpg

Tact

It is definitely E9203...Air intake throttle.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 10

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I posted this same thread in the Skid Steer section and thought this might be a better place after posting it.
I'm glad you got help but you were actually kinda right the first time. Ideally you should have posted in the Compact Track Loader section located directly below the Skid Steers. Just because your machine has rubber bands for tracks doesn't make it a Track Loader - see below.

upload_2022-10-26_16-33-31.png

Tact

I'm glad you got help but you were actually kinda right the first time. Ideally you should have posted in the Compact Track Loader section located directly below the Skid Steers. Just because your machine has rubber bands for tracks doesn't make it a Track Loader - see below.

View attachment 270927
Ok...thanks.

Tact

Does a mod need to merge my two threads?

I'll post picks of what I discovered. Some of the strands in the wires on both side of the connector have been chewed by a mouse. Not sure if this is the issue with my code, but it is suspect

Attachments

• 20221026_102742_resized.jpg
    20221026_102742_resized.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221026_104858_resized.jpg
    20221026_104858_resized.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221026_104904_resized.jpg
    20221026_104904_resized.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221026_105343_resized.jpg
    20221026_105343_resized.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 12

Tact

Last pic

Attachments

• 20221026_105350_resized.jpg
    20221026_105350_resized.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 8

Tact

Well....I attempted to splice the wires and connectors, but that didn't fix my error code. So I decided to tow it to the dealer. I don't have the diagnostic tools to correct this. Not even sure if the connector and wires are the problem. I'll report back when the problem is corrected.

Tags

Chances are it’s a wiring issue. I really like the SVL90s but it seems Kubota saved pennie’s by making all the wiring harnesses “almost” long enough. Not much slack in the harnesses and with all that flex and vibration something has to give….

Vetech63

Mice just love Kubota wire insulation. I'd bet there is more damage from mice than you are currently seeing. Not only did Kubota make their harnesses JUST long enough to make a connection, but they also ran them through the machine in the most difficult areas to even inspect it.

Tact

Dealer called today saying my skid steer was ready for pick up. He said they were able to use a spare connector from one of their harnesses to save me some money and it was only $25. I was thankful and asked what I owed. He said $999. I was like....what the hell! He said they had to remove several parts to get to the throttle body where there were more shewed wires. I know the engine bay is tight, but he said they had 8 hours in labor to get to it. Guess I need to find a way to keep these little bastards out of the engine compartment to prevent this happening again! Ugh!!!

Tags

Doesn’t sound awful to me. Ask them for a price on a new harness. Must be a good dealer since they used something they had, not too many dealers will do that stuff anymore. Glad you got it squared away, best of luck with the mice, they can be quite infuriating!