• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota SVL A/C problems

Legdoc

Good day all. I have a couple questions on the problematic A/C systems on the SVL series.
A review of other posts confirm others with the same problem I have with my machine having poor air flow. It is obvious the only solution is to remove the entire climate unit and disassemble it for a thorough cleaning. I have several thoughts for a long term solution I would like to discuss.
1. Why not blank off the outside air intake at the filter? The atmosphere around any tracked machine is too dusty. Why try to filter it and bring it into the cab.
2. When re-sealing the trim use a non hardening 3M caulk strip to help disassembly if needed again.
3. Fabricate a much larger intake filter assembly and seal it well.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

heymccall

Obviously, looking at #3, you haven't had the covers off of yours.

What I do anymore...
Remove top cover, and upper vertical cover. I use a piece of brake line bent 90° at the end, attached to a hose on my blow tip. With blower on high, insert wand into outlet duct and blow thru the evaporator towards the blower. Up, down, and round and round.

If there is a solution to the inlet design flaw, I hope you'll post it here.

Last edited:

Legdoc

heymccall,
All covers are off and I am at the point of disconnecting the water and refrigerant lines. It's a incredibly poor design and who ever came up with this POS should have their A## removed. After looking at this contraption and taking into account my limited capabilities I see two options. Both block off the external vent assuming the window will open and close and completely seal the covers with the 3M caulk.
1. While having the case on the bench for service take a mold of the inlet and fabricate a manifold transitioning to round after exiting the current filter area and connect to an off the shelf filter such as Donaldson. This would be the most complicated option.
2. Take a mold of the current filter housing and fabricate a well fitting rectangular adapter transitioning to a larger size or round to a commercially available filter.
My opinion is even with the covers well sealed the filters are too small and also fit poorly. I could be wrong, just a good seal job and sealing the current filters may suffice. In a previous life as a Chrysler-Dodge technician I used tons of the 3M caulk and it worked great. It's available at O'Reily's and auto paint and body suppliers.
This is just one man's observation in hopes of helping my situation and others. All please feel free to opine as I am willing to learn and would like to help if possible.

Last edited:

Tags

I started to get into mine over the winter, but taking the whole unit out really wasn't an option, and I just got depressed looking at the amount of screws and bolts that need to be removed and just put the whole damn thing back together....