• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

kubota slv 75 or cat 259

catwelder

Occupation
welder
decided to buy a new skid steer or slightly used and those are what ive came down to due to my local dealer support so anyone have any thing to add

Welder Dave

Not sure about the 75 but seems to be lots of issues with 95 Kubota's on this forum. Not sure about the Cat.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
Not sure about the 75 but seems to be lots of issues with 95 Kubota's on this forum. Not sure about the Cat.
well because well i don't trust brand new stuff if i go cat it will be 259d regular because what i thought would be a year to bring in a good size excavator has turned into me needing to buy a skid steer a larger tractor and a dozer

Sturgill

Occupation
Owner/operator
I have a 75slv. I haven’t had any issues with 800hrs. If possible rent one of each for a day or so and try them out. I have 2 buckets, grappler, heavy duty Bushhog, and forks.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I have a 75slv. I haven’t had any issues with 800hrs. If possible rent one of each for a day or so and try them out. I have 2 buckets, grappler, heavy duty Bushhog, and forks.
ive demoed both I like both of them im just seeing what people have to say I liked the cat but its a little loud and the cab isn't as big as Kubota and since im going with just a regular d model id have the door that doesn't open all the way the Kubota doesn't seem to have the power the cat does

heymccall

My 3300hr SVL75 hasbeen troublefree, save for having to add a fuel line strainer and the HVAC system sucks, literally, as it plugs the the evaporator and heater core constantly, even with clean filters every 100hours.
The self storing windshield instead of a swing door is a giant bonus.

The CAT wins for parts availability, but, my 248b has taking its share of parts, none of which ever failed on the Kubota.

I liked the SVL75 so much that we bought a SVL75-2 (it only has 800, trouble free, hours on it, so far.

I've taken many Takeuchi TL150 machine out to well over 8k hours, and still have two. They are finicky and we've failed several parts that I feel should've never failed, and they've had there share of down time, but they're not bad machines either.

Next one will be a SVL75 or SVL75-2 again, though.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
My 3300hr SVL75 hasbeen troublefree, save for having to add a fuel line strainer and the HVAC system sucks, literally, as it plugs the the evaporator and heater core constantly, even with clean filters every 100hours.
The self storing windshield instead of a swing door is a giant bonus.

The CAT wins for parts availability, but, my 248b has taking its share of parts, none of which ever failed on the Kubota.

I liked the SVL75 so much that we bought a SVL75-2 (it only has 800, trouble free, hours on it, so far.

I've taken many Takeuchi TL150 machine out to well over 8k hours, and still have two. They are finicky and we've failed several parts that I feel should've never failed, and they've had there share of down time, but they're not bad machines either.

Next one will be a SVL75 or SVL75-2 again, though.
the door is what I like but the clogging of fliters isn't great since a majority of my work it will be on will be bush hogging and driveway repair

heymccall

I'm working on a solution, but, it'll be months before I get one of mine in front of me again.
Oh, and my 248B evaporator clogs just as quickly.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I'm working on a solution, but, it'll be months before I get one of mine in front of me again.
Oh, and my 248B evaporator clogs just as quickly.
lovely well I guess ill text my guys ask them what they liked better and go from there because both dealers support me pretty well

Txhayseed

I dont like the operating stance in the kubota. You seem to set way down and back. I dont like the visibility in the kubota at all. As far as any issues we have not had any with 75s. We have about 6 in the fleet. The seem to be on par with our bobcats and tl8s on reliability. 95s are. another story. Dealer support seams to be the driving factor. Cat is Cat . Kubota may be bobs tractor sales that has been kubota ag for years but then decided to bring in a skid steer to sell.

Bayrat

Occupation
Dig Safely Field Representative
I'm about to purchase either the Kubota SVL75 or a Case TR310, I'm leaning toward the Kubota based upon the experience with my tractor and the fact that the operator's door isn't a swing-out. I am alone when working, so hooking things up and lifting sometimes requires me to be off and on a machine with the loader arms partially raised. One thing I cannot locate, is the cabin air filter on the Kubota. Where is it? The complaint that it clogs frequently is not an issue with me, I'll have spares. My allergies appreciate clean air. Thanks.

heymccall

On outside bottom corner of cab, RH side, just outboard of where your right ass cheek is when seated.

I dunno know if you've read my other kubota SVL75 or SVL75-2 posts, but, the filter itself isn't the issue. It's the fact that the filter housing isn't connected to the HVAC box, by design.

Bayrat

Occupation
On outside bottom corner of cab, RH side, just outboard of where your right ass cheek is when seated.

I dunno know if you've read my other kubota SVL75 or SVL75-2 posts, but, the filter itself isn't the issue. It's the fact that the filter housing isn't connected to the HVAC box, by design.

I have read your posts, I believe all of them, perhaps did not fully understand. Ironically, the district manager for Case replied to the local Case store's sales manager to my note suggesting that I'm leaning toward the Kubota. He sent his note forward to me. The Case rep said that the cat and regeneration process in the Kubota engine generates so much heat that it's causing engine failures ie blown head gaskets.

catwelder

Occupation
welder
I have read your posts, I believe all of them, perhaps did not fully understand. Ironically, the district manager for Case replied to the local Case store's sales manager to my note suggesting that I'm leaning toward the Kubota. He sent his note forward to me. The Case rep said that the cat and regeneration process in the Kubota engine generates so much heat that it's causing engine failures ie blown head gaskets.
i went with the Kubota I haven't had any real problems and my guys haven't really had any issues

Bayrat

Occupation
The Kubota rep stated that this story is totally false, no issues with the engines. I really don't appreciate a salesman, or factory reps for that matter, knocking other people's products in order to push someone into their product. This left a sour taste.

Bayrat

Occupation
I wonder what the engine failure component was mikebramel..

Bayrat

Occupation
I've searched the web and can't find a thing about Kubota engine failure.