• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KX41-2S issues

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
Here are the service requirements from the Kubota KX41-3s/v operators manual:

Every 50 hours:

Lubricate/grease the swivel gear - 20 to 30 shots of grease at each 90 degree position of the swing body ( I usually only do 5 shots per position!! ooops!!!!)
Check/adjust the track tension - 10-15mm sag between the inner track guides and the rollers

Every 200 hours:

Grease the pitch bearing - 5 shots of grease at each 90 degree position of the machine body

Every 250 hours:

Clean the air filter
Grease the pivot valve linkage
Check/adjust V belt tension

Every 500 hours:

Change the engine oil and filter
Replace the fuel filter
Replace the drive unit oil
Change the return line filter for the hydraulic tank
Drain water from the fuel reservoir

Every 1000 hours:

Change the hydraulic oil and suction filter
Replace the inline filter
Replace the air filter element

Every 2 years:

Change the coolant

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Thanks for that. Return filter dor the hydraulic tan at 500 hours is one ive done. Im guessing the las 2 in 1000 hours is the 2 parts of the air filter. Mine is all in one as its not a genuine one but i have 3 spare so ill change evry 500 hrs.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Here are the service requirements from the Kubota KX41-3s/v operators manual:

Every 50 hours:

Lubricate/grease the swivel gear - 20 to 30 shots of grease at each 90 degree position of the swing body ( I usually only do 5 shots per position!! ooops!!!!)
Check/adjust the track tension - 10-15mm sag between the inner track guides and the rollers

I would go with what your already doing :confused: 80 to 120 shots into that every couple of weeks seems to be an awful lot of grease.

Im guessing the las 2 in 1000 hours is the 2 parts of the air filter.

No, I dont think so. I read it as change the hyd oil and suction filter which will probably be in the tank. Also replace an inline filter.
Bare in mind this machine is not exactly the same as yours.

Hendrik

I would go with what your already doing :confused: 80 to 120 shots into that every couple of weeks seems to be an awful lot of grease.
No, I dont think so. I read it as change the hyd oil and suction filter which will probably be in the tank. Also replace an inline filter.
Bare in mind this machine is not exactly the same as yours.
Having just done a service I can say that the suction filter is in the tank and is bolted in there by a big nut, unfortunately the people at the local Kubota dealership did not give me a suction filter, even after I asked for a complete set of filters to do a 2000 hour service. It is a pain to get into the tank and undo the filter, I may have to make up a special tool to remove the suction filter. Another thing is that there is a lot of dust build up behind the sound deading foam material just above the cover for the hyd tank and as you work in there a bit of dust falls into the tank so it is advised to thoroughly clean the dust from behind the foam material.
Far as greasing the turntable teeth, it is a pain but that is what the folks at the factory who designed and built this machine say.
Personally I would give it 10 shots of grease at every 90 degrees, spin the body for a while in both directions and then give it another 10 at every 90 degrees to distribute the grease evenly. Or another way is to give ten shots at every 45 degrees. A third way is to get a grease gun extension hose and grease the turntable while slewing the machine.

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
On the machine is 3 greasing nipples, with 3 little pics,s. One is the ram for the offset. Other 2 look like the slewing ring, one is 220 hrs and one is 50 hrs i think. Is it inner and outer slew ring and why the difference in hours, id never pump it to the **** with grease but i would slew it in 4 positions and pump the slewing ring a few times in each.

strott

Occupation
The 220 hours one must be the same as the pitch bearing which is done at 200 hours on the KX41-3.

The 50 hours is as you say the slew ring.

As for the difference in hours it must be down to the amount of work each part does - obviously the slew ring is used constantly and the pitch bearing is well sealed/protected under/within the so may not need greasing as much as the slew.

strott

Occupation
I guess there not meant to look like that!!!!

Any mechanics know whether that is the usual amount of debris to be found in a filter??

74inchShovel

Man, I get freaked out if I see a few metal filings in my filters, that mess would send me over the edge... You are on the right track when you talk about purging as much oil as you can out, and doing another change at 20 hrs.

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Ive put up 30hrs so, im going to change the fluid and filters again over christmas. Ive a bit of work for it in the new year, so i will run it to 100 hrs or so next and do the same till im happy. So far the digger is running great since. It doesnt do much anyway, done 340 hours work in 5 years. Usally bigger work we do, but its a great machine. Im a kubota head........love them to bits

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
Komatsu has 9k hours and is smooth aand grades excelllant, dipper arm isnt long and isnt short. Runs on air compaired to the hitachi. Hitachi is faster and has 3400 hrs on it. Its 2004 and the komatsu is 1997. Hitachi has a long dipper and not as long a undercarrage. I like the komatsu as i drive it most and never gives trouble for an old machine. People always complain its slow to work but it can keep up with other machines grand. I like the 110, but the komatsu is great. Would love to try a newer model but i suppose there aint much difference

strott

Occupation
More speed usually means more fuel consumed hence the Komatsu 'running on air' compared to the Hitachi!!

The longer the dipper the more actual weight to move and more weight further away from the undercarriage could hinder stability so that may explain why it is harder to grade with the Hitachi.

No doubt the newer Komatsu's are faster now and more fuel efficient plus they have a host of onboard diagnostic functions and operating modes.

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
The 130-6 we have has self diognostics, cause a friend was a fitter and could test the pressure in the hydraulic pump and motors. Said they were down a fracton but probly werent turned up since new. I know very little about that end of them so he may of been spoofing me