• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota GL7000 Lowboy II

SidewinderGlenn

Occupation
IUOE #132
Just picked up a Kubota GL7000 Lowboy II diesel genset & I have a few questions.
First .... it is Blue .. & not Orange ... why ?
The emissions tag says 2010 model & CANADA.
The engine (2 cyl Z482-02-ET06)
Ser # 10--K 050792
6.5 KW

At purchase .. we started the Kubota up & powered a couple of small 120 v portable heaters & it seemed to work fine.
Let me state that I don't know a whole lot about generator systems & workings ... but I know my way around house wiring. Also know my way around gasoline engines. (Storing gasoline SUCKS these days !)
I plan on using this unit to replace my old Kohler 7.5 C62 (4cyl water cooled Gasoline) as a Standby unit for my small home ... by selectively powering circuits that I need.
The added attraction is ... I have 3 ... 275 gallon furnace fuel tanks sitting in the gen shed.

1 HP Submersible well pump
240v Hot water tank
240v Stove/oven
Two 120v window A/C units
Small micro-wave

I have found that the older GL 7000 units were belt driven to the gen head .... but the later units (like this one) are direct drive to the gen head.

I guess most of my questions are about maintenance items .... filters & correct oil & such.
(I received NO manuals or paper work with this unit)

I noticed that the internal filter element was missing from the clear fuel filter / sediment bowl unit (need correct part number)
Will the maintenance items be the same for this "Blue" unit .. as the "Orange" units that seem to be common ?

Will the 15w-40 oil that we use in our construction equipment (Cats, Komatsu ) be compatible with this Kubota 2 cyl unit ?
What type of Full Synthetic would be compatible ?

Thanks for any advice or help with this !
~Glenn