• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

brownstande

this isn't VW we are talking about as far as autos...As far as the equipment, believe me, I do not want to delete anything BUT if its gonna make it more reliable, I will. I bought a new Ford 6.7 in 2016. It pulls heavy weight every day, has 44K miles and I've had 0 issues with it so I have no intentions whatsoever of deleting it. Its funny about the reference to SCT. They are still making the products and I know dozens of people that have deleted their trucks and use their components. A friend just did his last weekend and the truck has 650 HP and gets 4 more mpg !

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The tier 3 models seemed to run well. Never of hear of engine issues anyway.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The tuner guys don't have anything in common with VW, this is strictly the aftermarket, VW was OEM. The guys on FB that are advertising tunes and delete services are fools. Bully Dog is from Idaho about 60 miles from me. It is a bad deal, but they had to know that when your openly selling tunes and services that bypass what the Feds are wanting, something is going to give, and it is always the checkbook of the little guy. I don't blame someone for deleting a machine, I just don't think it should be necessary. I don't have (at least not yet) any SCR issues (I have a CTL and SSL that are SCR) but if my machine was down all the time due to it, I would be looking for solutions as well. I would likely traded it for something that runs, but to each their own. Tier 4F has been the rule for what 4 years? There is no excuse for these issues to still be continuing. I have not touched my pickups since 2006. I used to have them tuned and aftermarket exhaust and so forth. I don't touch the motors now (Duramax) they have plenty power and they are reliable just as they are. Not worth the hassle for me.

TDI guy

That is regulation for on road use. The carbon footprint of the off road equipment is so small I don't think they even really care about that it. What they are going after and fining has been on road issues. I do care about environment, and that is why I am convinced it is better for us if we can make our equipment use even 1 gal per hour less.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I know that they kicked or are still kicking out all the tier 3 equipment out of California. I agree that someone would check to make sure your SCR system is intact on a job site anywhere else, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did either. I am not sure we are saving any fuel with all of this certainly Tier 4i was no fuel savings. Maybe their some air quality improvements, but maybe not. However they must care to some degree or we wouldn't be dealing with Tier 4i and F. Personally I was good with Tier 3 regulations. The low hanging fruit was picked with Tier 3. After that it, it has gotten out of control.

brownstande

On a positive not for me, I also have a Kubota U35 Mini. It has Tier 1 emissions and I've had 0 issues with it, 2900 hours !
Update on the 95 model. The dealer found a small antifreeze leak on the bottom radiator hose, that I missed. After 12 house of use I still smell smell antifreeze vapors. Appears to still be using antifreeze...Will post more updates