• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota 057-5 with factory hydraulic pin grabber

masterwelder

To wrap things up, in January after continuing to hear Kubota is going to address the thumb issue but nothing happening, I asked the dealer to take the machine back or present me with a mutual agreeable solution. They asked me if I would be ok with them removing the factory coupler and thumb and installing a complete Werk Brau hydraulic coupler and thumb including replacing my three buckets (12”, 24”, and 36”). I agreed. The machine itself is awesome.

In the meantime when I was at Con Expo I had a lengthy conversation with the folks at Kubota about the issue. They actually had a 057-5 at the expo with the factory coupler but no thumb. The Kubota reps didn’t try to avoid the situation. They acknowledged there is a need to improve the thumb but could not tell me how soon. I also asked where the coupler came from, turns out it’s made by a vendor in England.

The dealer called middle of last week to ask me to drop the machine, all the parts from Werk had arrived. They had it exchanged in a day or so and Sunday I got a chance to pick it up. The Werk setup immediately looks better. Feels better also. I haven’t had it in the dirt yet, but I think it will be fine. The dealer insisted on replacing my buckets with ones from Werk, however the buckets Werk Brau sent are the same exact Kubota buckets I had.

7D7B7B2D-A3A8-43BF-AF92-5951B6AEDBD2.jpegE1D98D91-8FA4-48B7-B9EB-EEE9470A30A6.jpeg2B9325E0-1125-402E-BA70-AE7238D25640.jpeg7E52F33C-54FC-4DAB-BDB6-4822200D6FC9.jpeg

The Peej

Nice to hear they did what was needed to make you happy. The new thumb still looks to stick out a lot more than I would like but its a definite improvement

Charlie352

To wrap things up, in January after continuing to hear Kubota is going to address the thumb issue but nothing happening, I asked the dealer to take the machine back or present me with a mutual agreeable solution. They asked me if I would be ok with them removing the factory coupler and thumb and installing a complete Werk Brau hydraulic coupler and thumb including replacing my three buckets (12”, 24”, and 36”). I agreed. The machine itself is awesome.

In the meantime when I was at Con Expo I had a lengthy conversation with the folks at Kubota about the issue. They actually had a 057-5 at the expo with the factory coupler but no thumb. The Kubota reps didn’t try to avoid the situation. They acknowledged there is a need to improve the thumb but could not tell me how soon. I also asked where the coupler came from, turns out it’s made by a vendor in England.

The dealer called middle of last week to ask me to drop the machine, all the parts from Werk had arrived. They had it exchanged in a day or so and Sunday I got a chance to pick it up. The Werk setup immediately looks better. Feels better also. I haven’t had it in the dirt yet, but I think it will be fine. The dealer insisted on replacing my buckets with ones from Werk, however the buckets Werk Brau sent are the same exact Kubota buckets I had.

View attachment 285721View attachment 285722View attachment 285723View attachment 285725
How do you like the werk brau set up? I am getting one on a u55-5. It is holding up my delivery of the machine for 6 weeks because werk brau doesn’t have one to send out yet. Am I making the right choice waiting for the werk brau pin grabber? Any info is appreciated. Thanks. Charlie.

masterwelder

You will not be disappointed with the Werk Brau setup. The six week wait time is typical with them and a lot of the better made attachment companies these days.
I have had zero problems with mine to date.
A pin grabber is worth every penny imo.