• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu's in action

garyhh44

Occupation
Truck mechanic Retired
:) Outstand picks thanks for sharing Nick, You all have a nice day.:usa

Wulf

I can't remember what the main problem with the Komatsu's were but I know the company wasn't happy with them. They are 30 ton capacity trucks and they wouldn't carry their rated load. Anyhow they went to 40 ton capacity Volvos I'am pretty sure they are Volvos. The same pit has used Komatsu dozers they didn't last long either they went back to Cat. They would have rented Cat ADTs but Cat rentals didn't have 40 ton trucks instock with Alberta's oil boom.

I looked at one of the Komatsu's they sent back the cabs are sure cheaply constructed the roof was made out of plastic. The cab is huge you don't need it that big.

Volvo is first choice when it comes to ATDs, I think they are one of the first to build them. The local gravel mine they use ATDs because they are on slopes that a conventional haul truck can't be on. The mine doesn't want to build roads to haul on so the ATDs do the job. The guys that drive them there work 10 hours a day making one trip after another fast as they can, talk about boring.

Wouldn't carry their rated load? LOL... that's not possible Ford. 90% of ADT's of any color are probably running overloaded with their body extensions and tailgates.
If the 30 ton Komatsu's were so bad and couldn't carry their 30 tonnes why didn't they just get 30 ton Volvo's instead of 40's?

Nick Drew

Resigned
Occupation
Plant operator
More pics from my Komatsu collection :drinkup

Attachments

• 113 BCP Komatsu PC210.jpg
    113 BCP Komatsu PC210.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 119  Komatsu PC450-7 & PC210-7.jpg
    119 Komatsu PC450-7 & PC210-7.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • BCL Job Portsmouth 003.jpg
    BCL Job Portsmouth 003.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,030
  • DSCF0520.JPG
    DSCF0520.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSCF0529.JPG
    DSCF0529.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,021

country guy

Great pics Nick - is the 450 a -7 model? We have a PC450LC-6 running every day... it is an excellent machine, fast, strong, trouble free.

We had it on a job with a few 345 Cats and a 365 Cat and I must say everyone was quite impressed by the old 450.

Thanks for the pics, J.

jmac

I bought a PC150-6 last year and so far have liked it alot. I am not working every day but have used it enough hours to be impressed. Glad I bought it.

posthoorn

Occupation
heavy construction engineer
komatsu in action

HM300 and a PC450-7E0 at work

Attachments

• hm300 2.jpg
    hm300 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 846

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
From this side of the Pond.

A PC-75 is up against a lot in New Hampshire.

Attachments

• Odie&L39_&_PC75_#4_8-4-07S.JPG
    Odie&L39_&_PC75_#4_8-4-07S.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 776

ongrademike

Nice pictures.All that nice Komatsu equipment makes me look forward to going back to work to operate my 300 lc 7 on monday so i can escape the wifes weekend nagging:falldownlaugh

Appolonius

Hi I'm a new member and I'm still not allowed to open new threads, I need help could anyone give a link or post a photo of a good detailed side view of a cool CAT or Komatsu dozer ? I need one for my Computer Assisted Design class project, I'd be really grateful for one, there are plenty of pics on this forum but I can't find none that's a side and detailed view.
Thank you,

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Appolonius! :drinkup

Hi I'm a new member and I'm still not allowed to open new threads.

You have 3 posts under your belt now so you should be able to start a new thread now, if you like.

jughead

Occupation
retired
pics

Someone should tell operator in pic #2 to not dig over side :nono
new member here got a lot to learn. why not load over the side? been doing some of this part time with 690b never did like loading from the side. absolutely no pro lessons just started doing it.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF jughead! :drinkup

Digger Driver

Here you go Nick!
A few of my own pics! Notice the company?)
Thats me in the PC1250sp and the HD785 the two shovels were an 800 and a 470 in a quarry in Somerset this spring!
On production i could load up to 12,000 ton a day! (when the crushing plant could keep up with me)

Attachments

• DSCF0263.JPG
    DSCF0263.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 563
  • DSCF0242.JPG
    DSCF0242.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 567

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
new member here got a lot to learn. why not load over the side? been doing some of this part time with 690b never did like loading from the side. absolutely no pro lessons just started doing it.

You can tip over easier then if the tracks where pointed towards the cut. I wouldn't say it shouldn't be done, but you need to know what you’re doing.