• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu WB140-2N transmission problem

tractormech

I'm having an issue with a weak pulling transmission. I checked torque converter pressure and it was 40 PSI idling and 130 PSI at full throttle. The high side is in spec but my manual says low pressure should be around 8 or 10 PSI, so it's high. The forward and reverse clutches read about 10 or 15 psi at idle and only 50 at full throttle and should be 155 to 188 according to the manual. I doubt both clutches are blown and the pressures are identical so logically there's a pressure loss before the clutches. There are seal rings on the shaft to feed the clutches that may be blown but that doesn't explain the high torque converter pressure. Anybody familiar with these that can offer advice? I changed the suction screen. pressure filter and oil already and it was clean before I changed it . Thanks!

tractormech

No but I figured it out myself. I took the valve body off and pulled the spools. One had a little piece of metal in it and wasn't letting the spool go quite far enough to close and build pressure. I removed the piece of metal, put it back together and it started working fine.