• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC50UU-1 Hub drive motor not getting enough fluid to drive it properly?

clydedernitt

pulls great untill it gets hot then it "hangs up" took oil plug at drive hub one had pressure and the other did not and smells burned? tractor supply Extreme hydro oil used with wix filters all thru machine.

lantraxco

The question is, was the oil level up in the hub? I can't speak for your machine, but all of these hubs I've ever worked on had gear oil in them and you need to keep the level up and change the oil now and then, I suggest once a year whether you get lots of hours or not. If it was hot and did not have any air pressure, it's most likely you have a bad seal and little to no oil left in the gear hub. Cheers

mikebramel

On the back of the motor will be a plug, several of them. One of them will be ported to one of the input sides of the motor. Hook your gauge up there. Get it it hot. If the pressure is still good 3000psi and the track doesn't move. Remove the output shaft on the hydraulic motor by removing the planetary cover. If the motor moves then you have something binding up in the gearbox side

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Click on my link at bottom. There is a trouble shooting section.
If you need more help you can contact me with a direct message and I can help.
The drive unit in your machine is a Hy-Dash and we're the only authorized parts dealer in North America.

clydedernitt

there is oil in it do i use the same hydro oil? just got this on a trade and had to replace the tracks before i could use it one track was completely broke in half? THANKS
also in using the high speed ground movement pedal ive noticed a fluid leak..will that effect the motor ? it operates fine till it gets hot.does the drive motors use the same hydro oil as the main tank/ i have found a seperate tank in floor of cab below controls/ again thanks im a rokie at this .......

apm

if you're talking about the dipstick in the floor of the cab, that's the swing motor gear lube, not hydraulic tank. The PC50UU-1 only has one hydraulic reservoir.

Greg

clydedernitt

final drive locked up PC50UU-1

Final drive motor now locked up?kOMATSUPC50UU-1 SERIAL 5877 Is this unit serviceable? it moves very little then clunks. track removed.:Banghead
TEIJIN SEIKI
GMO5VL-C13/25-2
BO5-C-1
S/N-14443

Last edited:

apm

I don't know about the Teijin Seiki. My unit is Hy-Dash. Komatsu can still get some of the parts if you can come up with a part number. Do you have a manual? The throttle cable is nothing special. I used a generic heavy duty cable from ebay. Just make sure the ends are the same and the length is close. Mine works great.

Greg

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Final drive motor now locked up?kOMATSUPC50UU-1 SERIAL 5877 Is this unit serviceable? it moves very little then clunks. track removed.:Banghead
TEIJIN SEIKI
GMO5VL-C13/25-2
BO5-C-1
S/N-14443
Send it in and let us evaluate it for you.
We are the only authorized repair center in North America for these units.
Click FDC link below for contact info

clydedernitt

Thanks

:bash the dash unit ,handle broke inside,i need complete assembly
I don't know about the Teijin Seiki. My unit is Hy-Dash. Komatsu can still get some of the parts if you can come up with a part number. Do you have a manual? The throttle cable is nothing special. I used a generic heavy duty cable from ebay. Just make sure the ends are the same and the length is close. Mine works great.

Greg

clydedernitt

TOO late FINAL drive locked, it will move about 1/4 turn foward or backward then CLUNK. I have removed the track and rear cover,can you advise how to get frond cover off? THANKS
On the back of the motor will be a plug, several of them. One of them will be ported to one of the input sides of the motor. Hook your gauge up there. Get it it hot. If the pressure is still good 3000psi and the track doesn't move. Remove the output shaft on the hydraulic motor by removing the planetary cover. If the motor moves then you have something binding up in the gearbox side

Maxfab

pulls great untill it gets hot then it "hangs up" took oil plug at drive hub one had pressure and the other did not and smells burned? tractor supply Extreme hydro oil used with wix filters all thru machine.

There shouldnt be any pressure a the hub side, they are only lubricated with a gear oil, 80w90 and only a small amount 1-2 litres
If there is hydraulic oil present the seal between the drive motor and reduction has gone, if this is the case the drive motor probably has high internal leakage. And will require repair

can you give me some advise on tear down?

Post up a picture may help to explain,
Is there a ring of bolts holding on the hub reduction cover? Drain the reduction oil and undo the bolts and pry the cover off.

If there are no bolts its a bit more complicated and involves removing an internal lock ring

clydedernitt

no external bolts,has three allen plugs all drain fluid out

There shouldnt be any pressure a the hub side, they are only lubricated with a gear oil, 80w90 and only a small amount 1-2 litres
If there is hydraulic oil present the seal between the drive motor and reduction has gone, if this is the case the drive motor probably has high internal leakage. And will require repair

its a TEIJIN SEIKI final drive unit no outside bolts? I WILL TRY to post a picture soon. THANKS.

Post up a picture may help to explain,
Is there a ring of bolts holding on the hub reduction cover? Drain the reduction oil and undo the bolts and pry the cover off.

If there are no bolts its a bit more complicated and involves removing an internal lock ring
its a TEIJIN SEIKI final drive unit no outside bolts? I WILL TRY to post a picture soon. THANKS.