• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC30mr-1 hydraulic issue

Tommo

Hi everyone,

Here is a description of what happens with my excavator I recently bought, if any one has any idea's that would be heaps good.

I asked komatsu and they spoke of it as*a 'hydraulic issue' and asked if i have gauges or fittings to do tests*(which i don't)

As a guess i would think its a sticking*valve or something going to the final drives but don't really have a good understanding of where anything is on the machine not knowing much about hydraulics or excavators.

The excavator is what i am told is a grey import, and its a komatsu PC30MR-1

When using the machine (once its warmed up) when i stop moving*it, the*revs drop down, and sounds like it is going to stall or droped down sounding underload, then when i start moving the revs go back up, like something is sticking or blocked.

It will happen almost every time i stop, like the motor or hydraulics is under load or blocked.

I can get the revs go back up to normal by moving backwards and forwards a few times.

While stopped when it does this, with the revs low or under load if i move the throttle to increase the revs it has no affect on the revs,
and will only change the revs once moving again.

Also if anyone info on this model that would be usefull or a service manual that would be awesome as the bloke I got to service it couldn't find a hydraulic filter and just told me they only need replacing every 5000hrs which doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks.