• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200LC-6 Hydraulic Oil Cooler Problem

BDiSab

I have a 200LC-6 and the Hyd Oil Cooler is leaking everywhere out of the base and the machine is unusable, A quote on a new Cooler is several thousand dollars. I have been told this is a known problem with these machinesm I have found a few websites that sell replacement Oil Coolers, do you think they would be worth a try considering they are cheaper? It doesnt make too much sense to me to replace an expensive part that prematurely fails with the same part again. Any opinions or suggestings welcome.

Thanks,
Ben

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
Our coolers are holding up much better than OEM units.
The majority of our sales on this model are to dealers.
We also offer a 1 year warranty on ours.

smokey73

I've worked at a Komatsu dealer for about 10years now and haven't heard of a problem with those coolers leaking or blowing out, only that they're not big enough to handle the flow of a high flow attachment and tend to overheat. Komatsu is very good at fixing their problems and won't sell a bad part if there is a common problem with it, that's why they have so many superseded part numbers. If it were me however, I'd go with the aftermarket, if it's cheap enough to buy something else if that doesn't work the first time.

Milos 123

I've worked at a Komatsu dealer for about 10years now and haven't heard of a problem with those coolers leaking or blowing out, only that they're not big enough to handle the flow of a high flow attachment and tend to overheat. Komatsu is very good at fixing their problems and won't sell a bad part if there is a common problem with it, that's why they have so many superseded part numbers. If it were me however, I'd go with the aftermarket, if it's cheap enough to buy something else if that doesn't work the first time.
Dear can you help me my Komatsu PC290 NlC is overheating hydraulic oil, there is no lose of power and speed of operation just overheating hydraulic system, it temperature is about 85-90 C, what can be problem do you can suggest something to check ?