• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200-8 Failure Code 989M00

drxs33

Anyone know how to fix the failure code 989M00 Engine Controller Lock Caution 2?
This failure code showed when we switched the monitor between our 2 Komatsu excavators and switched it back again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much!

drxs33

:):)

You should LOG-IN to USER PASSWORD and reset it.View attachment 215625
Thank you very much for your response sir LACHAU! :)
However, whenever I change the password from default 000000 to 5110 (old password), it does not save upon restarting the monitor.
The screen does not show the 'input password' screen at startup and the password returns back to 000000.
- Attachment/Maintenance Password is set to enabled.

LACHAU

Thank you very much for your response sir LACHAU! :)
However, whenever I change the password from default 000000 to 5110 (old password), it does not save upon restarting the monitor.
The screen does not show the 'input password' screen at startup and the password returns back to 000000.
- Attachment/Maintenance Password is set to enabled.
That means the ENGINE CONTROLLER (ECU) is locked!! KOMATSU has a separate manual for "SETTING, CANCELLING USER PASSWORD" but unfortunately I don't have this!

You should rewrite the program for ECU, it's very easy. If you can't do that, you can ask the technician who is specialized to do.

Attention: KOMATSU engine and Cummins engine are exactly the same even ECU programs so you can use the program of Cummins for using. The newest software of Cummins is INSITE 8.6.0 that has a tool which can remove password.

Good luck.

Last edited: