• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC160LC-7 Counterweight removal?

DslDrew27

Serial C10037PC160 ECM Connector.jpg PC160 Not enough room.jpg
13,000 hours
Some background info... Been going through this machine for a while, it's a mess. Both boom cyl's and Stick cyl got sent out, couple new hoses. Probably a solid 10 hours with a power washer, and its still disgusting.

BTW, I work at a construction/demolition debris transfer station. the dust is insane!!!
Between the equipment, rolloff trucks, tractors, walking floor trailers, and various support equipment its gotta be upwards of 60 pieces. Can't forget the B66 Rotochopper that keeps breaking shear pins.

think i got all the hyd leaks taken care of, now on to the electrical.

I got 2 out of the 4 active codes taken care of. the 2 left are front pump pressure sensor fault, and a WIF sensor high error.
I narrowed the WIF sensor problem....I'm getting continuity on the signal wire to chassis ground. I'll try and take a snapshot of the diagram.

long story short this is what i found, and it's not even the connector that i need to test!

DslDrew27

so my questions:
Whats the size of eye bolt i need for lifting the counterweight? best i can tell its M44. I got my Komatsu dealer support person working on this for me. Looked in all the boks i got for this machine, but no part number or size tht i could find.
Where can find a tap that big?
ECM connector pins and crimping tool?
Thanks for the halp.
Andrew