• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu pc 40mr-2 has a bad moniter panel

unclebear

Hello Heavy Equipment forums.I have a pc-40 with about 450 hours on it [bought it new in 2005].The moniter panel has gone dead ,none of it works.For the past year it has worked off and on,one day fine the next day no go.The fuses are not blown,I just tried replacing the ignition switch today but that did not help.The machine runs fine just no instrumentation lights or speed control.I guess I will run an extra ground to the cab and see if that makes a difference. Has anyone had a similar problem or have a suggestion of what to do next. On ebay the control panel sells for 1200$,I can not afford that right now. Does anyone repair these ? Thanks for the help Unclebear

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
I would start at the monitor and clean and polish all the terminals from one end of the harness from the other.. I have seen this a few times on the mini's.. And even if a ground strap looks clean, pull it off and sand it down..