• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC-200 climate control system

sled

Does anyone know how to change the temperature display from Celsius to Fahrenheit? There has to be a simple solution, when the machine was delivered new it was that way and somehow it got changed....I've looked through the owners manual to no avail. My older PC-160 has the denso climate control under the left armrest and that one is changed by pushing and holding i believe the temp up and temp down buttons together for a short time ....and its explained in that machines owners manual. Thanks in advance for any help.

sled

What dash machine is this?

Guess that would have been helpful now wouldn't it? its a dash 7 ......also we have a PC 88 and it has the exact same system and its reading in F so I'm sure it can be done, besides I'm 99% sure the 200 was reading F when it was delivered .....it certainly doesn't affect the machines performance and really isn't that big of a deal, it's just one of those things that "bug" me

ror76a

I don't know about a -7 but I have a 220-8 and changed it from C to F. On the -8s you hold the buzzer cancel button then push the three buttons above it and it will come up with a screen that gives you more options, from there I don't remember exactly, but it is in one of the settings avalable from that screen. Hope that helps.

coalrulz

Following is directly from PC200LC-7 Operators Manual;

TEMPERATURE DISPLAY FUNCTION
It is possible to switch the set temperature display between °F and °C.
If the “∧” and “∨” portions of temperature setting switch (3) are pressed
at the same time for more than five seconds while the fan is running, the
temperature display will switch between °F and °C. (Note that the unit is
not displayed.)
Liquid crystal display range
°C 18.0 to 32.0
°F 63 to 91

sled

not displayed.)
°C 18.0 to 32.0
°F 63 to 91

Interesting...my 200's owners manual does not have that paragraph, I've gone through the climate control section several times trying to figure this out, but I'll give it a shot, thanks for the responses everyone

hootsmcgoots

Occupation
HE Parts, Service, & Sales

not displayed.)
°C 18.0 to 32.0
°F 63 to 91

/\ Beat me to it.:pointhead

Mathew

Guess that would have been helpful now wouldn't it? its a dash 7 ......also we have a PC 88 and it has the exact same system and its reading in F so I'm sure it can be done, besides I'm 99% sure the 200 was reading F when it was delivered .....it certainly doesn't affect the machines performance and really isn't that big of a deal, it's just one of those things that "bug" me
Sled I just bbought a 200LC-7. Are they good machines? I hope since I already bought it.

sled

OK so now I have to explain why I said I had a dash 7 when in reality its a dash 8 .....sooo if anyone has any different suggestions that would be great, as none of the previous ones did the trick , also I looked at the owners manual AGAIN and there is nothing that tells how to do it..our PC-160 IS a dash 7 and the owners manual explains exactly the same as what coalruz quoted from his manual. Thanks guys

sled

I don't know about a -7 but I have a 220-8 and changed it from C to F. On the -8s you hold the buzzer cancel button then push the three buttons above it and it will come up with a screen that gives you more options, from there I don't remember exactly, but it is in one of the settings avalable from that screen. Hope that helps.

I don't think I tried the right "3" buttons above the buzzer cancel button.....I'll try again tomorrow esp. now that I know It's an 8 not a 7

hootsmcgoots

Occupation
HE Parts, Service, & Sales
I don't think I tried the right "3" buttons above the buzzer cancel button.....I'll try again tomorrow esp. now that I know It's an 8 not a 7

While holding the #4, press 1, 2, then 3, and release the 4. It should be listed under the defaults or settings option. IIRC, the unit options are SI, non-SI, and metric. Just go with SI. I strongly recommend against messing with any other settings and fault codes. It can cause some real problems, especially if a tech comes to look at your machine and it happens to "slip your mind" that you were dicking around in the monitor. :mad::pointhead

sled

While holding the #4, press 1, 2, then 3, and release the 4. It should be listed under the defaults or settings option. IIRC, the unit options are SI, non-SI, and metric. Just go with SI. I strongly recommend against messing with any other settings and fault codes. It can cause some real problems, especially if a tech comes to look at your machine and it happens to "slip your mind" that you were dicking around in the monitor. :mad::pointhead

And that did the trick! I Just changed the settings from Metric to Imperial and its back to how it was when it was new reading in F....thanks to everyone for the responses and help!

And yes, there sure is an amazing amount of stuff that you could get in trouble "dicking around" with in there LOL.....Probably why its not in the owners manual how to get into the next level of adjustments with that monitor..Thanks again guys