• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu excavator to buy

Randy88

My small hitachi excavator is needing a new pump and parts are hard to find for it, I need a small machine "now" and am looking at some other brands, two are komatsu's a pc95 and another is a pc75uu machine, any input on these machines, good, bad or in between? I've been considering another machine anyhow, this just sped it up is all. We've also looked at Case zero turn 75's and also link belt spin ace 75 machines. I"m not sure I want the "z" boom komatsu offers or not some call it the offset boom, the 95 has the swing boom on it, and the case and link belt machines have the standard booms on them, all the machines I've looked at are plumbed at the stick, most with thumbs, which I want. I don't want anything to do with rubber tracks, or the plastic pads, I don't do sensative work around lawns and things, more rural ag work, I want steel tracks no matter what, the boom configuration is a question I'm not totally sure of, I've only ever owned a standard boom and stick rented a swing boom machine when I needed one, thought they might be handy at times, but are they durable as a standard boom? Anyone know anything about these machines, or have ideas for something else. I was never fond of cat per say and other brands have no dealers anywhere near me, but these brands do, most are pretty good on parts, I've also looked at a deere 80c machine, don't know anything about them at all, I've heard some bad things about parts availibility with the deere 80 machines like my hitachi has now.

michelleding

Occupation
International sales
We are an manufaturer in the GET parts, maybe there are some items or parts we can help you, if possible please contact me:)

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
G'day Randy

Mate about the PC75UU one thing you are going to have to keep in mind with it having the off set boom that extra ram you will be running will it be worth it for work you get? beacuse i know in australia that machine there a lot of people wont buy them unless they have work for that type of machine as that single ram seal kit is over 1,500USD just by its self. I do like the komatsu PC95 what series is it mate?

Well parts and things mate i guess what you need to look at is where you want to get parts from and how long you can afford to wait for them. i cant say anything about the link belt never used one or seen one other then on the internet my contry seems we dont sell them. Case i would say go for a Komatsu over a case also mate did you see any PC75US machines? around for sale as in australia they are normaly cheaper then the 75UU and they dont have the offset boom.

sorry i cant be more help. Also what is the model Hitachi you have?

Randy88

JGS Parts, I haven't seen a pc75us machine without rubber tracks, I looked at those booms, they are more appealing to me with the standard boom, but I want steel tracks, which none that I have found have. As for the series of the pc95, the sales guy is getting back to me, those machines have the swing boom on them, it would give me some more versitility amoung my machines, since when I need one now I rent one, not sure about durability of the booms though. As for case, I own quite a bit of case equipment already, it was the only reason I was looking at those machines, parts are pretty descent and so is the service, same goes for link belt and komatsu. My hitachi is a ex100-2 machine, given enough time this winter, we might get it put back together using a different brand of pump made in the usa. Its been a good machine, we were looking at a few late model deere 80's, just since they were basically simular machines, but I'd been told about parts availibility on those isn't good, not sure if its true or not, I guess time isn't on my side on this purchase, I need a machine today, we've considered renting one for this fall, but with the hours I'd put on, I might just as well buy one, even if I found I didn't like it, I"d still be money ahead by buying.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Randy, I have a 75UU with rubber tracks that is used every day. You can get steel tracks for them also. As far as the machine goes they are bullet proof very easy to work on and the offset boom is wonderful. It will allow you to dig right up next to a basement wall if need ed with no problem. I have just recently bought another one that has an extend boom that I am reconditioning. I had bought it for parts but realized it just needed a hydro pump rebuild. The only problem I have ever had is the potetiometers will get out of adjustment if you rub the linkage on trees. Komatsu parts are not quite as easy to get as Cat and are uasuallya little more costly.

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer
Pc75

I think the dipper curl force on the PC75UU2 is weaker than a simialr size Std boom. The PC75 also came with a dipper extension option like a backhoe.

I disconnected my potentiometers. I have steel tracks. Finally tossed a track after owning +5 years. Fun, Not so much.

Attachments

• DSC03922s.JPG
    DSC03922s.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,038
  • P1010656s.JPG
    P1010656s.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,264

Randy88

I bought a pc75uu-3 machine this last weekend, it has three buckets, a hydraulic quick coupler, the pumps and engine are overhauled, new paint, auxilary hydraulics, the heavy boom and a hydraulic breaker, has been repainted and seems so far to run good, my youngest son really likes it, its a smaller cab than I'm used to but maybe I'll adjust to it. Anyhow thanks everyone who put input and replies to this project. I'm not sure I'll like the z boom or not but as for now it sure works good.

390eric

Never been a big fan of those Komatsu booms, but never ran one either. I have always just thought they looked weak, and/or awkward. We have two John Deere minis at work 35 and 50 both ds. Not to many issues other than they like to run hot, a lot. That can be a eal production killer, this summer we were installing about 8000 feet of under drain in the hottest weather we had. All the other other equipment was still keeping cool but me and the guy in the other mini kept having to stop to let them cool down. Just my two cents. Oh and the way the John Deere boom swings is awesome, seems strong, no issues, and I personally wouldnt buy one without it, comes in real handy.

toomanymachines

I have a pc75uu-2 steel tracks and no offset boom. I think it was changed out in Japan yet. only put about a 120 hours on it but works just fine for any of my work.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
The Komatsu offset booms are excellent they have not cause any problems whatso ever for us. I would prefer one over a standard boom any day.
Never been a big fan of those Komatsu booms, but never ran one either. I have always just thought they looked weak, and/or awkward. We have two John Deere minis at work 35 and 50 both ds. Not to many issues other than they like to run hot, a lot. That can be a eal production killer, this summer we were installing about 8000 feet of under drain in the hottest weather we had. All the other other equipment was still keeping cool but me and the guy in the other mini kept having to stop to let them cool down. Just my two cents. Oh and the way the John Deere boom swings is awesome, seems strong, no issues, and I personally wouldnt buy one without it, comes in real handy.

mike69440

Occupation
Engineer

If the offset Z boom was a weak design, I'd have broken it long ago. My PC75UU runs hot, not to the point of having to stop it to let it cool, as I just slow down a bit and let the cooler bring down the oil temp in summer.

Randy88

I"ve only put a weeks worth of time in the seat of this komatsu, but my boys love the z boom already, mine has the heavy section up on top to handle the breaker rather than the standard section they come with with. Some around me told me not to buy a z boom machine, others told me to do it its the greatest thing ever, we ran standard stick machines, swing boom machines and then the z boom, basically I didn't decide, my boys did, they wanted the z boom to try one out, so thats what we bought, so far, they keep telling me, their glad I bought it, only time will tell I guess if we should have or not. We looked at some cats with the z boom on as well as for some others, but this used komatsu was in the best overall condition and was in my price range with extra accessories as well to go along with the deal.

jackie606

Banned
I have no idea about such smaller excavator.But if you need the pump for your Hitachi excavator,welcome to contact with us.Good luck to you.