• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu dozer

kensmith69

Bought a nice little Komatsu dozer today.

Can anyone tell me what year it might be its in nice shape, cant get a picture to post.

Its a D21-P Serial #50407
Anyone got aIMG_5459.jpgny idea?

mitch504

Are you sure that's the machine serial number? I'm not finding that number in my books. Is there a dash number on it? Like D21p-5 or -6? The -6s were from the '90s, and it's not one of those, the shape of the sides is wrong for that.

Just looking at it, it's either new or old, because it's not like the ones I'm familiar with. could it be only 6-7 years old?

mitch504

ok, looks like Shimmy was closer than me, probably mid '80s. When I get back to the shop I'll look up exactly what years they made the -5s. I have one more book that may have that exact serial number.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
She is a 1980 model according to my serial number guide book..