• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

komatsu d39p-1 transmission issues

Dickjr.

Seems the problem may be remedied ? Checking the oil pressure manually is not a major deal. Get a cheap add on gauge at a parts store and I think there is a port or plug already there. I may be selling my 39E=1 as I may have bought a new one with cab. Its one of those bitter sweet things , I know my machine ,its solid , I just hope I don't get someone elses headache. Was there much in the form of trash in any of the filters?

BlevGrade

Occupation
Owner/operator
Crazy thing is the suction strainer is GONE. Someone has taken it off for whatever reason but I will be putting it back on. So the only filter is the canister filter in the side door. I cut it apart and it had a dark grey color and felt like it had silt all thru it. I really believe that will help. I also got the left brake pedal working now. Someone had connected the hoses backwards. My final problem to fix is the cam cover gasket leak. I put a new gasket and it is still leaking. I think that maybe the cover is bent. Just a pain to take off.