• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D39E-1 opinions.

Dickjr.

I have one of these Dresser / Komatsu D39 dozers. I like the machine well for what I do, but wanting opinions and advice on things to look out for on this machine. It has 3200hrs. I just put a set of rails and drive sprockets on. One thing the high idle rpm seem a little low , have not checked with a tool yet. Also what is a fair rate for this machine , I am charging 80$ per hour , 4 hour minimum and a 1 hour drop fee , so its actually 3 hours run time. I had a D6H , around here there is not enough work , and people are running them for 115$ per hour. I can't move as much material as fast but I am not starving paying fuel bill etc . Opinions wanted , thanks Djr.

FWD

I have a TD9-H with 2800+ hours on it. Very little trouble with it. When I got it at around 2000 hours the high idle seemed low and also the fan would occasionally hit the finger guard. I put new rear motor mounts in it and solved both problems. I never did check the speed, but it worked much better after the motor mount install.
I charged $80 per hour the last several years, but with the cost of everything going up, especially the fuel, this year I am charging $85. I generally don't have a minimum, but charge for moving too. I know how the urge to work cheaper for more work goes, but generally it's not a good idea.
TD9-H and D39E are the same.
FWD

Dickjr.

Wonder if I should check my mounts also , the engine seems to be only turning around 2000 rpm. To be honest I kind of like the little tractor fine. I have looked at the Dressta site at the new ones , there is not much difference just a few more electronics. Gotcha on the work cheaper thing , sometimes your better off stting than breaking even.