• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

rcg

Hi
Could someone provide me some guidance on how to troubleshoot my d21. Not steering, when I pull back the levers the engine stalls? I did had to a blown Blade cylinder Gasket at one time so I’m not sure if the hydraulic system has air. (not sure they are related

also does anyone know of a trustworthy mechanic in the houston area
Thanks

mitch504

Well, we will need at least the dash number to start with, serial number too, preferably. There are at least 7 series of D21s.

I guess it is at least a -6 or older.

rcg

Hi guru Mitch
I have a d21a-5. Serial number 50775. Dozer is an older one but the motor and transmission work really good . The dozer did set for about awhile 6 months. It stared with the right side. Now it won’t steer. I think It all stared after my cylinder leak. But I’m not 100% sure the dozer did sit for a while. I hope it’s not a very difficult think to fix. I ca. Work on cars but I’m not really familiar with the hydraulic systems. Or what makes the dozer steers Thanks in advance. C

Krackerjack9

Occupation
working in Iraq right now
most likely the clutches are stuck, when you pull back is almost to your chest, there is a link on here to the smaller komatus dozers I will post it once it find it again