• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

koehring / northwest pics

john1066

here are some pictures of our 2 koehrings that are restored and in working condition and 2 north wests a truck crane with a dragline and a northwest 41 shovel that was bought off of ebay from the new york state thruway

505-205 PIC 2.jpgNORTHWEST DRAGLINE.jpgNORTHWEST 41.jpg505-205.jpg

john1066

The plan is to restore it this winter I will post more pics when it is done the 505 was just done over the last couple years

JD450A

Occupation
Multi Role Operator and Driller
That Draglines a Beast. What's it like to drive, I've always wanted to try one out but there becoming a rarity over here.

Likewise I like the Excavator, looks like it can do a days work.

Lovely machines, Better than new. the paintworks too good ***

john1066

I need to take more pics but the painting alone took about 3 weeks total. I haven't run the dragline yet I meant too but I have been laid up 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
John
Do you have a guy by the name of Willy T helping you with these machines?

Buddy

Occupation
Equipment mechanic (Retired)
I just talked to him last night. He said he was up to his arm pits in snow. LOL !! He is a good friend of mine and really knows his stuff on those old Northwest and other machines too. I wish we lived closer he has a wealth of information in his head. Good guy. Look after him , I think alot of old Willy.

brian falcone

machines

looking good. that shovel appears to be in nice shape. Willy is a hell of a guy. me and my father went to his place in putnam last month looking for a flathead engine. i walked around the corner of the building expecting to get shot ! he stopped what he was doing and showed us all his machines. spent a few hours there. real nice guy. he came by my dads house a few days later to borrow a book he had. he knows more about cranes and shovels than anyone i know.hes like a walking library. brian

bigjohn4300

man id like to meet that willey guy!! i have a northwest#6 that i cant get the frictions adjusted out right, and a mechanical friction mechanic is hard to come by down here for sho

J Dingus

I saw your pix and was wondering if you knew anything about the koehring bantam s-155? just picked it up for a song and want to know more about it. Any ideas?

john1066

Do you have any pictures if it we have one but it was not used much it had a hammer on it but from what I have heard it had a lot of electrical problems

Last edited:

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
man id like to meet that willey guy!! i have a northwest#6 that i cant get the frictions adjusted out right, and a mechanical friction mechanic is hard to come by down here for sho

I know it's far away from you, but for what it's worth, Gerhart Machinery in Pennsylvania rebuilds old Northwests. I would contact them, they may know who the Northwest guy is in your area. Gerhartmachinery.com

72hayes

Occupation
road builder
Is your Skooper on a 505?
I have seen a brochure of a 205 cable rig with a hydraulic Skooper. Neat machines!
Doug

john1066

Yes it is for a 505. It was from the tv ny line. Idk if it will ever make it to a show cause of the size of it

Koehringman

Cool! Someone showed me a Skooper attachment that was resting in the woods near that area. I glad that got to you. I'll have to come and check it out next time I'm in Mass.