• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Koehring 304 dragline

oldrusty

i decided to get the old Koehring 304 running today. took a quart of MMO and some atf to loosen all the clutches. spent about 45 min just lubing and checking things. put in a battery and started the old girl up. spent next couple hours working in the clutches greasing oiling and now i need a new hoist cable and drag line. i think i will dig a pond or two.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
i decided to get the old Koehring 304 running today. took a quart of MMO and some atf to loosen all the clutches. spent about 45 min just lubing and checking things. put in a battery and started the old girl up. spent next couple hours working in the clutches greasing oiling and now i need a new hoist cable and drag line. i think i will dig a pond or two.

Where you diggin at? I'd come be your oiler just to watch the ole girl work :)

oldrusty

Thanks Junkyard. i move pretty slow sometimes so it might take a while. my pond is aprox 70 miles NW of OKC. bring your dragline and we can have fun.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Nothin wrong with slow. It would be fun to bring the boys out to see how things used to be done. I might even learn something :)

I've done a lot of work in the past out by Fairview, Waynoka etc so the area you're in isn't new territory. I'd be glad to come help, watch or work!

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
They're 8 and almost 4. I doubt they can reach but they're good at pretending lol. I like exposing them to as much of the older stuff as I can. They'd enjoy it. My youngest is obsessed with dinosaurs so I'm sure he will be watching for bones! Haha