• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

koehring 1466 in action 400,000 plus pound machine pound machine

esobofh

Occupation
Senior Business Analyst
Holy man... that's a stick! 90ft deep!

Can the stock hydraulics on that machine lift that stick without issue, or do you think components would need to be upgraded?

jetxss

The koehring is an amazing machine they stopped making over 20 years ago but to this day there's no machine made like them
it has no problem handling the weight of the stick and boom it even has enough power to still dig through some pretty hard materials
like soft rock and ground with a lot of Kabul

jetxss

There is no machine that can match its weight and speed to this day if it weighs as much as the koehring it doesn't have the power if it's heavier than the koehring it usually doesn't have the speed of the koehring

QuickTrax

Big coincidence, I actually have the tracks from this exact 1466 in my shop right now for new chains and a pad swap. This machine is sitting on blocks right now in Canada and the tracks are in Houston at my shop. I had to order the tracks direct from Italy which we have a 5 month wait to get them in. The old tracks have been short tracked and I am looking for some track pads if anyone knows where I can find some.

Last edited:

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Hi I'm new to this forum, I've been operating excavators for nearly ten years and love seeing all the "strange" configurations, I was wondering if you guys were doing some work in Canada near Rocanville Saskatchewan? I was there over the winter near the Potash mine and some very long reach and large excavators that looked like Koehring's.

jimmyjack

my buddy was on a job in michigan where they were doing a slurry wall using a pc1250 with a boom that would reach 90ft ,said it was kinda slow and you couldnt swing more then say 45 degrees to the sides or it would want to tip , youd have to put the boom way up and pull the stick way in if needed to swing around..... just like this one but not this one

Attachments

• longreach.jpg
    longreach.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5,203

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
thats it .there was 3 1466 up there and a 385 cat

Were you guys digging slurry walls for the mine there? I couldn't believe the length of the boom and dipper on those machines.

jetxss

The amazing thing is, what they will dig through the reason they're up there, is they can dig through some pretty tough stuff in the Komatsu's would be turned into scrap pretty quick. Not to mention their slow

jetxss

I like that. There is a cat 385 up there with a modified stick, but it just doesn't keep up It only weighs about as much as a 1066E. I think it will dig about 65 feet deep. But the good part is, you can get the parts quick

KevinF

Occupation
Engineer
Hi I'm new to this forum, I've been operating excavators for nearly ten years and love seeing all the "strange" configurations, I was wondering if you guys were doing some work in Canada near Rocanville Saskatchewan? I was there over the winter near the Potash mine and some very long reach and large excavators that looked like Koehring's.

Old thread bump. This slurry wall is still under construction. I'll be there this summer.

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Im still trying to figure out what the hell a slurry wall is for haha. I had to watch the whole vid its pretty interesting, I haven't been around slurry walls

Pj

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Old thread bump. This slurry wall is still under construction. I'll be there this summer.

Wow three years later and their still going at it. lol How do people get parts for these old machines? I imagine things like pumps, motors, and valves must be hard to get a hold of?

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Im still trying to figure out what the hell a slurry wall is for haha. I had to watch the whole vid its pretty interesting, I haven't been around slurry walls

Pj

It goes around a landfill or chemical site to keep the groundwater contamination where it is, and not in your well.