• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco WLK9 Hydrostat Trans bypass procedure needed

Hyperpack

I just bought a non running 12,000 pound loader with Deutz engine and 2 speed F/R hydrostatic Trans.
The tires will not turn without engine running, Is there a way to bybass oil so it can be rolled onto a trailer?
Also Who made this machine? There are a few tags on it with German writing, maybe someone made it for Kobelco. I want to use it for snowplowing, We get cold to -25F how can I get it started without keeping it in a garage?
Thanks
Hyperpack

drag1line

Hi Hyperpack.
That machine was made by O&K construction division. CNH purchased that division around five years ago, so you could start with Case dealer.
The machine is a hydrostatic drive and so the oil is locked in the motors.
DO NOT DISCONECT THE HYDRAULIC LINES..you will destroy the motors.
You also have an emergency brake, but I believe...gray hair coming in..that was manual.
I know there is one drive shaft that you can remove but not sure on the other drive. If the motor is bolted to the axle, then you can remove it and both axles will turn. WARNING..if the emergency brake does not act directly to the axle, removing a drive shaft and or motor could allow the machine to free wheel and CRUSH YOU!! Be careful.
Good Luck
Drag1line