• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk80cs auxiliary hydraulics

AdamsExcavating

i have an kobelco sk80 with auxiliary hydraulics. We currently run a hydraulic thumb off of it hard plumbed into the factory shutoff (no quick coupler fittings). I’m looking to others to see how they have ran another line, or a 1 into 2 valve so I don’t have to unhook the thumb when I want to run a tamper or hammer. Pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags

I did what you want to do on my SR115 Kobelco. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Tags

IMG_2773.JPG IMG_2780.JPG Here are some pictures of the way I did it on my Kobelco 115. I'm pretty sure you have a similar set up, shouldn't be too hard.

AdamsExcavating

That’s exactly where I was thinking of tee’ing in. Closest place I checked didn’t have the right fitting / threads. You wouldn’t happen to have a part number for that would you? Also, what’s the reasoning for the other valve?

Tags

So I can shut the flow off to the thumb when running the hammer. I don't have any part numbers but I think if you call the service department at Able tractor in Albany they can tell you or sell you exactly what you need. That's where I got my machine and they sold me all the fittings and ball valves minus the hoses.

Tags

No part numbers. Try taking the rubber auxiliary line to a hydraulic shop so they know what kind of fitting you need for the "T" that goes on the hard pipe. After that it doesn't matter what the fittings are as long as you get the correct ones for your thumb. Or call Abele Equipment in Albany 518-438-4444. They set their machines up like that and know exactly what you need, like I said, when I bought my 115 from them they sold me all the parts but the hoses.....

The Peej

I think this is the tee fitting. It's been a few years but I'm guessing it's #12 JIC
16-r6x-s-parker-16-male-jic-by-16-female-jic-swivel-by-16-male-jic-run-tee.jpg

https://www.shopcross.com/product/p...nut-run-tee-34-jic-x-34-swivel-x-34-jic-steel

AdamsExcavating

Looks like the correct type of tee. Not sure if it’s the exact part. As told by the local Parker hydraulics store my metal line threads are 22mm pipe size with m30 1.5 size. There for I need a male/female end that correspond with those threads, then a standard 3/4” Npt thread off of that for a flat faced quick coupler fitting

excavator

The fittings in Tags pictures almost look like BSPP fittings. I have to pick up parts at the local dealer in the next few days and will see if I can get you a part number for the fittings. What is your serial number?

Last edited:

excavator

Looks like the correct type of tee. Not sure if it’s the exact part. As told by the local Parker hydraulics store my metal line threads are 22mm pipe size with m30 1.5 size. There for I need a male/female end that correspond with those threads, then a standard 3/4” Npt thread off of that for a flat faced quick coupler fitting
Google "French GAZ 24 degree cone fitting", Kobelco used these for years. There are many companies who make hose ends but I haven't found any T's in my searching. I will check with the dealer.

AdamsExcavating

Thanks. I did call the dealer tags used. They told me the sk115 of his used a bigger/different line than my 120. I still feel someone has to have a tee out there for my application.

My next option would be a weld in tee into the hard line