• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco sk220 stepper motor adjustment

Rustyf

I recently purchased a kobelco sk220 mk4 SN llu2069 with the cummins 6bt.
The previous owner had a new stepper motor put on and apparently the crew that did it lost all of the linkages that connect it to the throttle linkage on the injection pump. I purchased all new hardware. My question is what is the procedure to perform the adjustment for the mechatronic system to tune/match the new motor to the CPU for proper performance. I have looked for hours and i havnt found anywhere online or in this forum that lists it step by step. A dealer wants almost 800 dollars just to show up and shake my hand and i do not have a shop manual for this machine.

Last question on the right side by the ignition key there is a kpss knob that you can rotate to H,S,FC and D what exactly is this function and where should it be set?
thanks in advance

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Hi the kpss switch is your different digging modes, h=high mode, s=standard mode, fc=fine control, D=changes the machine so one pump powers undercarriage and other pump powers the upper structure functions.
As for calibration of the throttle on that machine a special loom is needed to plug into the machine to carry out the adjustment.

Rustyf

Hi the kpss switch is your different digging modes, h=high mode, s=standard mode, fc=fine control, D=changes the machine so one pump powers undercarriage and other pump powers the upper structure functions.
As for calibration of the throttle on that machine a special loom is needed to plug into the machine to carry out the adjustment.
Thank you very helpful