• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK210 hydraulics inop

Sripola

Hi all,

I am new to this so please forgive me for the stupid questions. I just bought a Kobelco SK210LC-6 year 2000. Basically I have no hydraulics. Our mechanic has checked the hydraulics and the master solenoid, the 1st one of the 8 solenoids in the valve block behind the cab. This one controls the safety lock for hydraulics.

When we power the solenoid externally it works (can hear it clicking) but nothing when you connect it to the harness and use the switch inside the cab. the machine does not have any movement as all hydraulics are down.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Cattech

Hi
Are the hydraulics functioning when you are powering the solenoid externally?
If so, the lockout solenoid has no power trough the original harness. the circuit is open.
My guess is thath the solenoid get powered from the ECM/ECU. the switch in the cab only sends a signal to the ECM.
I would check for error codes from the controlmodule (ECM)
Or i would try to replace the wireing between the ECM and the Solenoid, just put in a new two lead cable to the solenoid.

AtlasRob

Hi all,

I just bought a Kobelco SK210LC-6 year 2000. Basically I have no hydraulics. Our mechanic has checked the hydraulics and the master solenoid, the 1st one of the 8 solenoids in the valve block behind the cab. This one controls the safety lock for hydraulics.

When we power the solenoid externally it works (can hear it clicking) but nothing when you connect it to the harness and use the switch inside the cab. the machine does not have any movement as all hydraulics are down.

Any help would be much appreciated!

There are a couple of very knowledgeable Kobelco engineers who use this forum. I see from a quick search that you have been into at least one other thread where they offer advice, try dropping them a PM, many members cant or dont get on here regularly and can quite easily miss your post.

willie59

Administrator
dirthog and Mr Kobelco are Kobelco techs. Look them up on the members list and try sending them an email. :)

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
do you have the electrical scematic located in the back of the operators manual?
when you put the lever lock down does the buzzer sound - 2 beeps?
are all your fuses good?
call me tomorrow @ 905-888-9070
and i can give your mechanic or yourself pointers on narrowing the problem
serial number is yq07-u0###
i believe that the lever lock limit switch when depressed grounds an input to the computer and the computer then sends power to that solenoid to actuate.
i will confirm this tomorrow.
in the mean time unplug the limit switch, place lever lock down and check continuity across the switch contacts itself.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
pls provide me your e-mail address.
i can e-mail section of operators manual for elec & hyd schematics.
the lever lock circuit has a timer relay which maybe defective.
adam.

Sripola

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your responses. Sorry i havent been able to follow up because i've ben running around trying to fix this machine. Anyways, it turned out even worse now as i get a CPU error code. The mechanic i hired seems to have blown the CPU. I will be looking at ithe machine top to botom myself and will contact you guys, will post my findings and contact you by PM when i get all teh info. And once again thanks guys, really appreciate it.

@Mr. Kobelco: Thanks for the offer of the schematics but i managed to find a really old copy of "Dynamic Acera" which was sold by BigDogs Manuals.com some time ago. So using this to troubleshoot the issue, but will definitely take you up on teh offer of a call asap.

Sripola

Hi all,

After much time spent looking at this machine it was fairly obvious that the CPU was gone. I suspect that our very inexperienced mechanic had jump started the machine and possibly overloaded the CPU. I cant understand why the fuse wouldnt have blown if this was the case but the CPU is dead and the only message we got on the display was "CPU" with a little "1" on the top left hand corner of the screen and despite several reset attempts we could not get rid of it. It was such a headache that i sold the machine for a bargain to someone who would take on the problem of sourcing the ECU etc.! Thanks for your input on this problem guys, aappreciate all your help on this.

Cheers

Ericchang

Hi all,

MY SK200-8-YN12 has the black smoke all the time.
The technician took EGR off ,the black smoke was improved ,but the movement became slow,
Should we change the new EGR or any parts on engine ?