• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK210-6E engine calibration

digger_hunter

Hi guys,

got a bit of an issue on a Kobelco SK210LC-6E (serial YQ09-xxxxx). Basically the engine is stalling from speeds 1-4 when the arm and boom are held to releif. The computer shows that the target revs are always around 150-200 less than what the computer is expecting so at the lowest speed the programmed rpm is 1000 but the actual is 825 etc. So i adjusted the speed a bit so that the deficit was around 100rpm and teh condition improved. However the problem is that then the machine wont switch off presumably because of the offset.

Now the bigger issue is that i cant run the A adjustment because the procedure on the manual (for a YQ08 model mind you) doesnt work. the manual says hold down the MODE key and switch on the ignition and continue holding the MODE button for 5-10 secs. It should supposedly display STEP 1 after this but nothing happens. ANy help much appreciated as i believe running adjustment A would solve teh problem.

thanks

digger_hunter

Hi mark,

This model doesn't have the test/run switch. I checked the computer just to make sure. Looks like they only use that for the older straight Mark 6 models

jujub

Can anyone give assistance with timing a Kobelco 200LC-6E engine? It is a mitsubishi 6D34-TE1 engine. The engine is receiving fuel but it does not start.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Can anyone give assistance with timing a Kobelco 200LC-6E engine? It is a mitsubishi 6D34-TE1 engine. The engine is receiving fuel but it does not start.
Did this problem start all of a sudden or slowly over time or after a pump change etc. Unless the injection pump was removed its unlikely the timing is wrong. It's more likely an injector pump problem or a throttle calabration problem