• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco/New Holland 215B Throttle issue

V10THUNDER

Hey all.

i've been trying to diagnose what is wrong with one of our machines. The throttle does not work, operators are using it with a piece of wire attached to the throttle to manually put it into an operating position (lol)

I went today to take a look. The throttle actuator is a stepper motor with 2 connectors, 4 wires on one and 3 wires on the other. I measured throttle stepper motor the resistance in both phases and its 6 ohms, the same, and the voltmeter displays 0L when measuring cross-phase. Im no expert on the electrical side of things, so im not sure if that means the throttle motor is busted or not

Another thing that I checked was the voltage on the 3 pin connector, cause I saw somewhere that this was the limit switch. The voltage was 13.45 volts and it did not vary when changing the throttle switch from inside the cab. However, the connector had only 2 wires coming from the source voltage (the ECU?) so this was rather inconclusive.

Couldnt check the switch in the cab cause it requires a special tool to remove the bolts. The machine serial number is in the picture attached below, if anyone knows whats next in fixing this thing

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_090335_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230228_090335_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7

Kyle Helmke

1. Are there any errors on the monitor?
2. Does the throttle try to do anything with the key on or running?
3. Have any parts been replaced already?

V10THUNDER

1. Are there any errors on the monitor?
2. Does the throttle try to do anything with the key on or running?
3. Have any parts been replaced already?

1) The monitor shows a thousand codes, some of the buttons don't even work, some of these.codes are false positives (it says low coolant level even though it's full) so can't rely on it

2) When the key is put in the ON position, yes the throttle motor rocks back and forth for a few seconds then stops.

3) not yet

Kyle Helmke

The coolant level switch is in the over flow bottle. It can be bypassed with a jumper.

The metro controller on these machines can fail usually when this happens the monitor will show cpu fail or metro control fail.

The limit switch on the stepper motor just connects a ground, just ohm between the two wires and see if you get a connection when you rotate the motor.

If the linkage was removed from the splines on the stepper motor an A adjustment will have to be performed to calibrate its position.

What does the throttle do when it's running

V10THUNDER

the throttle motor rocks back and forth when you first turn the ignition key on, but then it stops working. the switch and all the electrical side of things is okay cause I've got it checked. This machine has had the fuel pump replaced, im not sure if they removed all the linkages or not when they did it, but most likely we will need to calibrate it then. How do we do it?

Kyle Helmke

There is a lengthy procedure I could look up tomorrow but hold mode till the monitor powers up then hit buzzer stop for 5-10sec. Monitor should go to adjustment screen hit buzzer stop again should go to gap stop. This moves the stepper motor to the engine stop position you need to adjust the linkage so there is a .1mm clearance between the stop bolt and the arm. Hit buzzer stop again and it should say start engine, after started hit buzzer again and it will start running the throttle up to full throttle. After it completes it will tell you max rpm reached. Then power down and restart. What does your monitor look like oval or rectangle

LACHAU

There is a lengthy procedure I could look up tomorrow but hold mode till the monitor powers up then hit buzzer stop for 5-10sec. Monitor should go to adjustment screen hit buzzer stop again should go to gap stop. This moves the stepper motor to the engine stop position you need to adjust the linkage so there is a .1mm clearance between the stop bolt and the arm. Hit buzzer stop again and it should say start engine, after started hit buzzer again and it will start running the throttle up to full throttle. After it completes it will tell you max rpm reached. Then power down and restart. What does your monitor look like oval or rectangle
You are right about the injection pump link length.
In this case, you must perform a type A adjustment.
You can refer to the attached file for more details.
Good luck.

Attachments

• SK210LC-8 Adjustment.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 8